We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech iterneries

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Marrakech iterneries

Hi. I'll be at Marrakech from 5th - 10th April. I'd appreciate if you can help with the following...

Can you please advise on the 2day/1night desert exploration trip...1) during this excursion does one need to still be booked in at a hotel in Marrakech, only for the purpose of holding luggage safe. Or can one can travel with airline equivalent hand luggage? 2) which tour operator/company do you recommend? which has toilet facility? 3) Can rain spoil the enjoyment factor of this trip?

I'd like to participate in a cooking class. Can anyone recommend one?

Does anyone recommend the spa/hammam experience with Faim d'Epices? How private is it? Is it suitable for a couple?

Thanks in advance

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Marrakech iterneries

You need to do more research. It is not possible to do a two-day overnight trip to the sand dunes from Marrakech. You need to allocate preferably a minimum of four days for this.

With just two days you could get as far as Ait Benhaddou or Ouarzazate but then would have to return via the same route the next day.

Many of your other questions can be answered by sticking choice words into the search facility on the forum to bring up previous threads.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Marrakech iterneries

Hi,

As Tim says there is a huge amount of previously posted information regarding your questions so do a little seaching on the TA site and you will find lots of useful advice.

For example you will find that no-one recommends the 1 night desert trip. Rain would of course rather spoil the experience.

There are lots of cookery classes available. Check their reviews.

Faim d'Epices is indeed one of the cookery classes and not a hammam. Check hammam reviews.

Best buy a guide book and have a read before your visit and if there are any questions you don't find the answer to there or by using the search facility on TA come back and lots of people will be here to help.

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
3. Re: Marrakech iterneries

Hi Justlike;

Welcome to Morocco and Marrakech Travel forums.

so from 5th to 10th April is just a short period of time to spend in just Marrakech, and having a day Trips to the High Atlas Mountains visiting Imlil and enjoy the natural and contrast of Lanscapes skipping the hectic life of Marrakech, then a day trip to Essaouira enjoying Fantastic beach town to relax and having a real experience by the locals, and the rest of time Marrakech is the best place for it, as i agree with Shimmin and Tim not to do 2 days/1night desert trip, it would be just punishment and has no sense although it happens you will just go to Zagora no real desert there, so for the real desert can be Erg Chebbi or Erg Chegaga which needs at least 3 days, but always 4 days and more is the best period of time to make for the desert trip, so to have enough time for everything with no rush, visiting the Gorges of Dades and Todra, while enjoying the road os thousand Kasbahs, and the authentic life in the south.

But for any travelling to see recommendations, the links on the right side of your screen would be the best place to find helpful information, or just the search box.

so for the Hammam/ Spa as Shimmin has illustrates in his reply Faime d'epices is only a cooking class not a Hammam or spa, just check the attractions for Spa and Hammam then read helpful reviews about each before making any step.

Please for any concerns regarding the attractions just ask the reviewers sending them PM, and try to avoid any PM can be sent to you if you did not ask, so to avoid spams and scams.

Have fun and Good Luck.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Marrakech iterneries

You take all your luggage with you on a desert trip - the 2day/1night is possible but many on here dont recommend it as you will spend more time travelling back and forth than actually in the desert. That said a friend of mine did it recently and seemed happy enough.

I have done the cookery class and spa combo experience with Faim D'Epices and I would heartily recommend it. The spa/hammam was at Mythic Oriental when we did it (which has good reviews on here) and it is suitable for a couple.

Edited: 9:24 pm, March 29, 2013
5. Re: Marrakech iterneries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 31, 2014