We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport facilities

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 37
Airport facilities

Good Evening

My flight in May from Marrakech departs late evening, I'm struggling to find a website which says what facilities such as shops, cafes and restaurants are at the airport. Does anyone know what is available in departures?

Thanks

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
11. Re: Airport facilities

The departure lounge has a couple of cafes selling snack foods. There aren't any restaurants.

There are also a couple of duty free shops, a few souvenir shops and a newspaper stand.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
12. Re: Airport facilities

Thanks, heresmyreply.

Although I've been through there a few times when not travelling overland, I hadn't taken much notice of what was available, though I do remember noticing the high prices.

Norwich, United...
reviews: 3
13. Re: Airport facilities

Hi, having found myself in Marrakech airport departure lounge hungry & with hours to spare before my flight on Wednesday, I would seriously advise to eat before arriving at the airport. There are only Cafe's selling over-priced dry sandwiches & pizza slices, as others point out there are no restaurants. For an airport of a reasonable size I was disappointed with the facilities. Marrakech was as awesome as ever, as was Essaouira.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
14. Re: Airport facilities

Hi,

Thanks. I've never flown out in the evening so it's good to hear what is available from people who have actually been at the airport late in the day recently.

Edited: 7:55 pm, March 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
15. Re: Airport facilities

I know Marrakech airport too well as Im going through there on a monthly basis recently!

Apart from the duty free, there is a similar range of facilities in Arrivals as Departures.

As mentioned there are 3 different snack places in departures with sandwiches, pizza, cakes, drinks etc - poor quality so try and eat beforehand.

There is also an ice cream stand, a patisserie and a luxury chocolate shop - again they are expensive compared to prices in town.

There is a very nice shop selling the best Moroccan foodstuffs (teas, amlou, honey, argan oil, spices etc) plus a range of cosmetics - it is very expensive but the items are top quality and not found easily in the Medina.

There are 2 duty free shops (different prices in each) and they often have some great deals on alcohol - I picked up a litre of rum for €6 a few weeks ago.

Then several shops selling the same tourist stuff as you find in the souk at fixed but inflated prices.

A book shop and a newstand (lack of English magazines and newspapers).

There is a smokers area which is quite rare in airports nowadays.

Note that you can only spend foreign currency in the shops, but you can use dirhams to buy food and drink.

Also in the Arrivals hall many people miss the replica area of Jma El Fna "l’Espace Solid’air" (to the right of the departures gate) - a space where you can relax with free mint tea and often a live gnawa band playing. A nice idea I think.

16. Re: Airport facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 31, 2014