We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moroccon carpet that most resemble Turkish carpets

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
Moroccon carpet that most resemble Turkish carpets

We would like to purchase Moroccoan carpets while in Marakkech. What types of carpets most resemble Turkish carpets.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Moroccon carpet that most resemble Turkish carpets

There as many ranges of Moroccan carpets as there are in Turkey. Which particular style were you considering? The two main styles in Morocco are Berber and Arab with many many variations. There is no single Turkish design range either! The choice in both countries is enormous.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Moroccon carpet that most resemble Turkish carpets

We wanted a wool area rug about 4 x 6 and not a kilim (sp?) carpet.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Moroccon carpet that most resemble Turkish carpets

Try any of the carpet emporiums in the north west of Djemma al Fna souks for your first visit although there are many more outlets elsewhere including the Kasbah district.

Edited: 4:13 pm, March 27, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Moroccon carpet that most resemble Turkish carpets

I would like to buy a wedding blanket and an ourain rug today or tomorrow as We are in Marrakech for two m ore days then heading home. We will likely need to get the rug sent home via courier. Do I need to check out the seller online before I go about getting anything sent via them? I can't seem to find any shop reviews online.

I did find a reputable looking shop yesterday in the souks but couldn't find any reviews abut him online although his website looked good. Please any tips? Are there any particular souks or streets that we should try in the medina?

5. Re: Moroccon carpet that most resemble Turkish carpets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 03, 2014