We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time in Marrakech?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jericoacoara
reviews: 14
How much time in Marrakech?

How much time (how many days) should we stay in / around Marrakech?

Don't want to rush, but neither molasses in the winter, either.

Also want to visit Atlas Mountains and maybe a stay overnight there.

Any suggestions, tips, recommendations?

Thank you!

1. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, March 27, 2013
2. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, March 27, 2013
Edited: 10:35 am, March 27, 2013
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
3. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

Hi,

If you book a week in Marrakech you'll be able to enjoy the city and also take a day trip or overnight in the mountains or indeed Essaouira on the coast. Your question is open to both extremes, some people say a couple of days is enough while others would say weeks or months wouldn't give you enough time here ;-)

Jericoacoara
4. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

Shimmin- Thank you for the reply. Understood open to extremes!

Since you're a destination expert- is one night in the Atlas Mountains enough?

I'm considering 3/4 days in Marrakech, then another day/night in/around the mountains.

Thank you!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
5. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

Hi,

One night is enough in the mountains unless you are a trekker then you could easily spend longer though many people like the peace and quiet and could spend a couple of days by the hotel pool without going on any treks.

Edinburgh
reviews: 12
6. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

You might find these responses to a previous question interesting and helpful

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k4…

Edited: 1:45 pm, March 27, 2013
Jericoacoara
7. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

Indeed! Thank you!

Seems like I'm/we're on the right track.

All replies/suggestions/tips/do's/don'ts, etc. appreciated!!!

Colchester, Essex
reviews: 88
8. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

I think Marrakech is great, but 3 full days was enough for me. But we weren't staying near the centre. If you stay in a lovely peaceful Riad in the central medina then you could do several short forays into the lively, colourful and often chaotic city outside, and then retreat to the riad when you need a break.

Casablanca
9. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

Agree with Alison, 3 days is full enough there is so much to see in Morocco so make time for other places, just near Marrakech you can go on a trip to the High Atlas Mountains visiting the berber villages, and experience the real Morocco, or going to Essaouira to see an experience the amazing atmospher of that coastal town.

Marrakech, Morocco
10. Re: How much time in Marrakech?

Hi there! From my personal experience 4 days in Marrakech are more than enough.Last year I visited the Ourika Valley in the Atlas mountains and the trip was totally worth it! You may also like to choose a riad during your stay if you want to be constantly in contact with the locals' lifestyle.After a long day of wondering on the crowded and noisy streets of Marrakech you will certainly need a relaxing evening and a good night sleep.

Enjoy your stay!