We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech Hotel: Amanjena or Villa des Orangers

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 6
Marrakech Hotel: Amanjena or Villa des Orangers

Hello all. Hoping to get some advice. Going to Morocco for 13 days with hubby. We are young 30s no kids. Can't decide between Amanjena or Villa des Orangers. I know they are totally different. One is a resort, one is a boutique hotel. One is inside medina, one is a 20 minute drive away. Will be in Marrakech for 4 nights. In all other cities like Fes and Essaouira we are staying in a riad inside medina. Also staying one night in Sahara in a tent. So, I will get the real Moroccan experience at some point during our trip. I am nervous there will be lots of families at the Aman. Traveling at a random time in May though, so unsure. Will have a driver if staying at Aman, but that does add an extra cost onto the trip. I do love Aman properties though. Any advice? Please! Thank you!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Marrakech Hotel: Amanjena or Villa des Orangers

Hi,

Nearly half of the reviews for the Amanjena are from families so that tells you something.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Marrakech Hotel: Amanjena or Villa des Orangers

I would opt for the Villa des Orangers in your position for two reasons. It is more authentic and its location is much more central meaning you can see the sights without wasting time and money on taxis even if you have your own driver you may lack the flexibilty. Only my opinion.

3. Re: Marrakech Hotel: Amanjena or Villa des Orangers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 29, 2014