We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria
Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Hi All,

Next Monday I fly to Marrakech and on my first holiday abroad with my girlfriend. I have decided I'd like to take the opportunity to propose and I have purchased a ring.

I am however, struggling a little with guides and what I can find to some good idea for where an how to propose. Ideally I feel this should be somewhere a little scenic/pretty, and somewhere where we are not around crowds of tourists would be good to.

I’ve tried a Google search of Marrakech proposals and the only real thing that has come up is taking a Caleche ride through the Palmerie at sunset. I like the sound of it and the Caleche’s but on reading about the Palmerie I am not sure if it too nice looking, parts in disrepair and rubbish around. Someone who has been might have to tell me otherwise.

We are likely to be going on a few day trips possibly to Alps areas and also and the waterfalls of Ouzoud which looks spectacular-I’m just unsure if there will be a quite place.

Its difficult as my girlfriend booked the holiday as my surprise for my birthday, I am only just beginning to learn about Marrakech and Morocco, Marrakech does also I believe have a backdrop of poverty, and this perhaps isn’t something that feels right to be on show at a proposal.

I would really appreciate any local help, or thoughts, you may make me and her (hopefully) have a very happy holiday.

I will be happy top post back on here in a couple of weeks with the results/pictures.

reviews: 1
41. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Hi All, I’m happy to post now with my real guise (dm18183 was just cover in case anyone spotted me before I asked).

I chose the Kasbah Du Toubkal - had a bit of stress picking the right day (weather wise) for it when I got to Marrakech as we had a bit of an Iffy weather week, the day before we went to it was snowing on the Kasbah!

I contacted the Kasbah and spoke to Larcen (thanks MrsSchwez on the much valued advice by PM) who was fantastic and arranged us some privacy, some chairs in the sun and two flower arrangements.

I am happy to say I asked, and she said yes!!

Thanks so much to everyone for your help, I couldn’t have found a place and learned about it enough without your help and first hand experience.

Here is a link with some of the photos including a few panoramic shots.

https://www.icloud.com/journal/#2;CAEQARoQxUFHGL7VSjjPxFKBvuLDXA;4EE879A4-3D4C-4E21-9478-DA7BDCC30BDC

A proposal at the Kasbah wasn’t completely original, I would have been a nice thing if we had been the first but I believe it had happened 1 or two times before.

42. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Apologies I cant seem to see how to make that a link, you will have to copy and past the address to see the pictures

43. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:08 am, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 11
44. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Hi David,

So pleased to hear it all worked out well for you at the Kasbah du Toubkal and many congratulations on your engagement. The photos are lovely and you both look very happy. Glad to be of help in recommending the Kasbah, one of my favourite places in Morocco.

Wishing you both a wonderful future together :)

45. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

thanks all

46. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 19, 2014