We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from marrakech to casablanca

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 41
train from marrakech to casablanca

Hello! We are planning on taking the train from Marrakech to casablanca, but I don't see the information on the website of ONCF how it works with the luggages? Do they accept luggages on every train, do we have to register the luggages, or we take it with us?

thanks

1. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:26 am, October 29, 2013
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
2. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

You can take luggage with you. You don't need to register it. There is no limit to the amount of luggage you can take. You will have to carry it up the steps on to the train and store it on the over-head shelf.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

Although it is a short journey (3 hrs, 10 minutes) book yourself first class, as John W suggests, so you have the space that you require. I suggest hiring a station porter within the building itself and negotiate a price with him before accepting his services.

Edited: 5:18 am, March 24, 2013
Auckland Region...
reviews: 8
4. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

Can you take the train direct from Casablanca airport to Marrakesh or do you have to change trains?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 72
5. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

You have to change at Casa Voyageurs (but you can buy the ticket through to Marrakech at the airport)

you can see the schedule here: oncf.ma

The airport is: Aeroport Med V

England, United...
reviews: 39
6. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

I'd suggest packing light unless you are a weight lifter! Thankfully I only ever had an overnight bag at most with me when I travelled by train recently in Morocco. What I discovered:

- There are no escalators or lifts at stations so you have to lug luggage up and down stairs to access the platforms.

- You may be told at very short notice to change platform. (This happened to me three times out of seven.)

Many people will just track hop - this is not advisable but even one of the railway staff herded a group of us across the tracks at Casa Voyagers. It was hard enough for me to get down from and back up to the platform without luggage. It would have been impossible for me if I'd had a case.

- The steps up into the train can be narrow and steep. There may also still be a wide gap between platform and train steps.

- 2nd class carriages were perfectly comfortable enough but came in different styles: compartments of 6 or 8 seats - limited luggage space other than over head; normal walk through compartments with seats 2 x 2 either side of the aisle - some of the carriages I noticed luggage areas near the doors; double decker trains - more steps to negotiate.

- Most of the trains seemed to have a small buffet carte go through the train.

- Toilets: On the train - I didn't explore; At the stations - on the track side of the doors not in waiting room areas. The couple of times I used them they were cleaner than I was anticipating.

Overall experience on the trains was good and I would use them again - but not with a case full of luggage if I could help it.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
7. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

The advantage of first class is that seats are assigned, so there is no over-crowding. In second class seats are unassigned, so you have to find your own place. If the train is busy people end up standing and sitting in the aisles.

The on-board toilets are not great. I try to avoid them if possible.

8. Re: train from marrakech to casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 13, 2014