We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morocco marriage

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
morocco marriage

Does anyone know whether a single status affidavit or certificate of no impediment is required for marriage? Furthermore, does it make a difference which one I bring? I am from the UK and the UK consulate says to bring a certificate of no impediment but the US consulate says single status affidavit. The consulates then give a no objection certificate after receiving one of these documents which is a Moroccon requirement so I was wondering if I could bring either? The reason I ask is because the no impediment certificate requires atleast 21 days to be issued and that is time that I just do not have.

Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
1. Re: morocco marriage

Although am not an expert in these matters, when I got married in Morocco, the certificate of no impediment was required. I do not know your nationality though.

Ofcourse these documents must be translated in my knowledge.

2. Re: morocco marriage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:25 am, October 29, 2013
3. Re: morocco marriage

I am British. I just cant wait for the appointment that I have been given at the registry office which is over a month away. I had arranged with my fiance to get married at the end of April and now I have to cancel and break her heart. I dont see why I should not be able to use a single certificate issused by a lawyer.

Life can be so annoying at times

4. Re: morocco marriage

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:26 am, October 29, 2013
5. Re: morocco marriage

I did look at them. The problem was I was away In Australia throughout February and coming back I was ill. Oh well. Maybe I should pester the register office every day asking for a cancellation

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: morocco marriage

As you are from the UK you will need a certificate of no impediment issued by your UK registry office. Once you have that you must take it to the British Consulate/Embassy to get the certificates from them. There is a long list of documents that the Moroccan authorities require. You should start arranging these items too. You will need a Moroccan police report from the Moroccan Ministry of Justice, which could take one month to obtain.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
7. Re: morocco marriage

Some information from the 'UK in Morocco' website, …fco.gov.uk/en/…

8. Re: morocco marriage

One month for the police check! Anyone know why thats the case?

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
9. Re: morocco marriage

It takes up to one month to obtain the Moroccan police report because there is only one office at the Ministry of Justice which issues the reports, and the Moroccan authorities now require foreign nationals applying for residence permits to obtain a Moroccan police report.

10. Re: morocco marriage

Removed on: 8:26 am, October 29, 2013