We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert trip and then head to Fez

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Desert trip and then head to Fez

Hello,

we are 2 guys heading to Morroco next week. We plan in staying 1 day in Marrakesh and then get the 3 day desert tour. On the way back we want to be dropped of at Rissani and from there make our way to Fez. I know is a long way , and i looking at the coach times , they do not suit us at all.

Looks like we will need to get a taxi. Does anyone know the price by any chance?

What is the average price for a desert tour(3 day)

Thanks

Casablanca
1. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

Why don't you hire a car 300 to 400 Dirhams per day, driving yourselves and drop off the car in Fes once you are done, going in the Taxi from Rissani to Fes would be around 1200 Dirhams private, which they call Coursa, i did that about 2 years ago, but don't know now.

uk
2. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

Thanks for your reply. Could we hire a car in Rissani or Mergouga? Meaning we take the guided desert tour and then leave them.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
3. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

Please, can you explain a little more what you mean? You will to do the desert trip i 3 days and on the way back ... from the desert? But Rissani is still in the desert.

Anyway, the Supratour bus start in Merzouga to Fes at 19.00 and go over night.

In Erfoud it is one rent a car company, but I not know if it is possible to pick up the car there and leave in Fes.

Taxi costs around 120EUR plus minus.

uk
4. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

Basically i mentioned to a tour operator that i want the 3 day desert tour but i do not want to head back to Marrakesh on the last day but to go to Fez.

He said they can drop us off in Rissani and then for us to make our way to Fez either by a taxi or coach.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
5. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

Hi Ska, the tour operator cannot fit it all into a 3 day tour, the reason for this is on the 3rd day, you will drive for a full day to get from the Desert to Fes, their driver will then have to spend that night in Fes and return back to Marrakech on day 4 (taking the best part of half a day), therefor if you want to do this, the tour operator will expect you to pay for a 4 day tour (even though you are only using them for 3 days).......

I hope this clears up why they have said they will drop you off in Rissani (not really good enough but they will not make much money if they take you to Fes as their driver will not be available for the next day because he will be driving from Fez back to Marrakech and they will also have to pay for his accommodation for that night).

Edited: 9:49 am, March 23, 2013
Casablanca
6. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

Hi Ska t.

if you are taking a Tour just take 3 days in all, as you know although the Tour sell you for example 2 days until the desert they will also include the charge of the 3rd Day as the driver will drive back to Marrakech empty, keep this in Mind, which means you will pay for 4 days but you only do 3 days, and for taking a Taxi will be expensive, just bargain a little with your tour to make the best price or hire a driver for your 4 days trip or 3 days desert trip much better.

ask for more information before you take any step, otherwise do it by the bus.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
7. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

thanks for explanation ska, but, can you not do your trip alone, by public transport for example? Or rent a car in Marrakech and leave it in Fes?

London, United...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

As Khamila mentioned, why don't you use a public transport?

Unless you want to see Ait Benhaddou, Todora and Tinerhir, you can take Supratours bus from Marrakesh train station at 8am. The ticket is 210DH (plus 5DH for each luggege) and you get Merzouga around 9pm.

You need to book a hotel in advance so that someone from your hotel will pick you up at the bus stop, this will make your life a little easier because you can avoid all the fuss you would receive from the guides upon your arrival.

Next evening, you can take a camel trek from your hotel. All hotels in Merzouga and Hassi-Rabbi operate camel trek so don't need to book in advance.

On your third day, you can take a Supratours bus for Fez in the evening from Merzouga. I usually stay at Hassi-Rabbi and the most of the hotel (or the hotel I usually stay) there will pick up/drop you at Merzouga for free.

On your 4th day, you will be in Fes at 7am and do whatever you want.

Many people I met in Morroco complained their tour because they felt they had to spend too much time in the souvenir shops.

9. Re: Desert trip and then head to Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014