We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

If anyone has done this day trip, can you please tell me how long do you spend in the square in the evening and how long was the journey?

Do any one recommend I book this day trip with any one else once I get there. Please let me know where I have to go to book this.

If any one knows of a driver I could hire for the day to take me, please let me know where I can find him and his name.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

Travelling from London? ;)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
2. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

Hi,

Marrakech is not a day trip destination. You would have to stay at least one night and preferably more to experience the city.

London, United...
3. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

I want to go from Agadir. Really just interested going to the square in the evening that is why I want to know how long do Thomons spend in the square in the evening as they do the trip to Merrakech. I have mailed Thomsons directly in England but they have not replied back to me. If they don't spend long then I have to go with some one else.

Is the food safe to eat in the square?

4. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:27 am, October 29, 2013
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
5. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

Ok, it's like this. If you go on an organised trip with Thomson or any of the other big operators you will not see what goes on in the evening in the square of Marrakech.

The operators could take one of two ways to get there. This could be either by way of the mountains at 5 hours each way or via the recently completed motorway at 3 hours each way. You normally set off between 6 and 7 am so check at what times your hotel serves breakfast.

I suspect that the operator will want to depart Marrakech pretty quickly so you may only get a glance of the activities in the square whilst embarking on your return journey back to Agadir.

Thomsons over here will not have a clue what goes on as all is left to the local guides and rep's.

It is a long time since I did an organised trip to Marrakech but I suspect little has changed in content so have a read of this: tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c120434/Aga…

You have an option of an overnight stay which is the only way you will really see what the square has to offer in depth.

Have you considered a diy trip? This is so easy and you have the option of which time you return on a coach and it is much cheaper. Read the article above and give it some thought as it is what I and other recommend travelers to do.

If you are going for more than 7 days then give this some serious thought as Agadir has nothing to offer by way of comparison.

Regards

Edited: 9:17 am, March 23, 2013
London, United...
6. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

Thank you for your reply. Once there I will see if anyone does a 2 day trip, so I can spend more time.

Does the Riads near the square sleep 2 adults and a child of 13?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
7. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

Hi,

There are many Riads near the square and some will sleep your family in one room, some you may have to take 2 rooms.

8. Re: Thomsons day trip to Merrakech.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 25, 2014