We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair accessible bars restaurants taxis&TikidaPalmeraie

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
reviews: 46
Wheelchair accessible bars restaurants taxis&TikidaPalmeraie

We are staying at the Hotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie in a couple of weeks. My niece is confined to a wheelchair.

A/I hotels are not really my scene but we had little choice as we wanted decent weather with a short flight but somewhere uneuropean. Not ideal but ticked the most boxes of holidays available.

Realise the hotel is very remote and we will need to travel into Marrekech to get a proper Morrocan experience. We will have to use a taxi as the shuttle bus will not be suitable as she cannot walk at all. Taxis are doable (shame couldn't get a walkable hotel) but often not easy as getting in a car is quite hard but with me and hopefully the help of a kind taxi driver we usually manage.

Do most of the taxi drivers speak English as it's far easier if I can explain exactly how they can assist us. How much should I expect to pay?

We have arranged taxi airport transfer with Thomsons at £30 return. Don't know if airport is nearer or further than the city itself to judge cost.

Reading the very very mixed reviews we are aware that the food is all buffet, probably luke warm and bland and drinks are poor quality so going with the attitude of low expectations on that score.

Regardless if good or bad we will definatley want to visit restaurants and bars in Marrakech at least on one or two days or nights.

Any recommendations for any suitable venues, we can manage an odd step but certainly not stairs. Somewhere where we can people watch, or with decent entertainment, good food and certainly a nice alcholic drink would be ideal. Saw lots of lovely rooftop bars but obviously these will be out of bounds unless anyone knows of any with a lift?

I'll be honest I did research the hotel before we booked but now I've digged deeper I think we'll want to go out more than in.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
1. Re: Wheelchair accessible bars restaurants taxis&TikidaPalmeraie

From the airport you go through Marrakech city (although not through the medina) to reach the hotel - it takes about 30 minutes.

Most taxi drivers don't speak English.

There are usually grand taxis (old Mercedes cars) parked outside the hotel. Expect to pay 100-150 MAD between the hotel and the medina.

In my experience taxi drivers will do everything they can to accommodate a traveller with a wheelchair.

The hotel has 4 adapted rooms which may be beneficial for you.

2. Re: Wheelchair accessible bars restaurants taxis&TikidaPalmeraie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 24, 2014