We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Factobox for reservation deposit

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 47
Factobox for reservation deposit

hello,

my hotel asked me to send a deposit via Factobox. There was a temporary hold and after a week, no withdraw. Does anyone have an experience with this? Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Factobox for reservation deposit

Hello,

I paid for my deposit using factobox as well but did not encounter a hold like what you experienced. I suggest you drop them a mail to sort things out. Email can be found at the bottom of http://factobox.com/. Might be a good idea to contact your bank as well to check what's the reason for the hold.

However, I wanted to take this chance to point out an unrelated problem I encountered when I used Factobox's payment service for my Riad booking, in case someone else encounters the same problem as me.

My online payment transaction was really slow and it seems to be stuck at the 'processing' bar area of the payment webpage for more than 40mins after I click the 'pay' button. I'm not sure if it's because I've used google Chrome browser and not Internet Explorer, the quality of my internet, or something to do with factobox's server.

Turned out the transaction went through. Money was taken from my bank but no email was generated to inform me/ the Riad regarding the successful payment. Obviously the Riad thought I hasn't paid and I was told to pay again. Did it that evening using Internet Explorer browser and the payment went through smoothly. Decided to book another night the next day and the payment got through without any problems as well. Both successful transactions were paid using Internet Explorer browser.

Although I'm not sure what caused the initial failed transaction, I guess it's safer to pay using the Internet Explorer browser and not other browsers, just in case you encounter the same issue as I did.

My Riad got in touch with Factobox regarding the double-charge, and they credited the amount back to my bank account promptly. They called Factobox on Friday and the money was returned to me the following Tuesday.

Wiltshire
reviews: 11
2. Re: Factobox for reservation deposit

I too have been asked for my credit card details to 'reserve' our room in Morocco and not knowing about Factobox, googled it and found a french forum (you have to translate the page) where it seems to be commonly used in Morocco. To cover myself I called my CC company and was assured that any fraudulent use on my card will be refunded.

Apparently this use of CC to reserve rooms is normal, and then you pay them whilst there in whatever way was agreed, in our case - euros - nothing (hopefully) put on our CC.

Reply to: Factobox for reservation deposit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted