We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech orphanges and schools

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich Suffolk
reviews: 1
Marrakech orphanges and schools

My husband and I are travelling to Marrakech in May and wondered if anyone could advice us about children's orphanges or schools as we would like to visit them and take some pens etc for themAny advice would be welcome...thank you

11. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:39 pm, March 29, 2013
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
12. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Hi Diane,

I've sent a couple of contacts via private message to you here on TA. You shouldn't post your private email on an open forum or you invite all sorts of SPAM etc. Click on the blue highlighted Report inappropriate content in your last post and choose remove my post.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
13. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

I'm adding this link as the donkey sanctuary are involved with introducing the kids and disadvantaged babies to a bit of feelgood animal therapy.

http://www.marrakechmules.com/

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
14. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

The more I learn about this sanctuary the more that I am impressed especially with the connections with visiting children.

15. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 21, 2013
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
16. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Bump! For anyone who has missed this and is interested.

ireland
reviews: 16
17. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

I am hoping to go to espoir this week have brought some clothes from home but what they desperately need is milk and Naples so will go to the supermarket first.

Can I please plead with anyone coming to Marrakech to please if you have space to bring markers or clothes for aftalouna hope I have spelt it correctly we visited there on arrival what an amazing organization sadly hakim had another appointment but he kindly sent a member of the organization to collect the clothes we had brought the guy guided us to the organization oh how I wished i had listened to my French teacher so I could have understood more.

When we arrived there was a volunteer working there who explained as best she could about this organization they help to educate poor children to get them back into mainstream education what is amazing is the children they are adorable so polite and not greedy not one of them tried to get into the bag and we had brought some sweets that we asked could the children have there was three tables of children two were all boys and the other a table of girls and one boy. What was fascinating was to watch one of the boys dividing out the sweets making sure they all got one the same size and he continued to share out the sweets in this fashion.

These children get clothes in January and September and they make them last yet they are so content a major treat which they save for months is to get an hour on a playstation in the local shop it takes four or five of them to save up for that one hour.

Sadly due to the cut backs in funding due to the recession in Europe they can no longer keep the children over night in this particular centre they have more than one centre and they are trying their best to keep open the one centre for the most at risk children. Our riad owner kindly came to collect us and was really impressed with the work here and he hopes to be able to help out in the future.

We spent time in the medina visited the square saw the mosque but for me I will always treasure the time spent with the children they were far more interesting way more educational than any site you will visit. This is the most wonderful place so do not hesitate to visit if you can. Thank you so much to shimmin2roberston for the contact details and for highlighting this

Edited: 7:10 pm, May 21, 2013
Ouarzazate, Morocco
reviews: 7
18. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Hi

This is a new project which might also be of interest. www.lesenfantsdarbouidar.org/en/projets.html. I personally haven't yet visited the place but I will soon.

Thank you for having a heart for children!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
19. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

TA's link above included the full stop/period. For the correct link above click on www.lesenfantsdarbouidar.org/en/projets.html

Ouarzazate, Morocco
reviews: 7
20. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Thanks Tim to correct the link!