We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech orphanges and schools

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich Suffolk
reviews: 1
Marrakech orphanges and schools

My husband and I are travelling to Marrakech in May and wondered if anyone could advice us about children's orphanges or schools as we would like to visit them and take some pens etc for themAny advice would be welcome...thank you

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Hi,

Thanks for being thoughtful visitors. You are very kind. Have a look at the orphanages and charities posts in the top questions box on the right of the page for lots of previously posted advice. If you need any contact details please feel free to send me a message via my profile.

San Francisco
reviews: 8
2. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Yes, I'm doing something similar for my trip in April. I'm gathering lots of supplies that I can wedge into pockets into my suitcase.

Something I've done in past travels while walking through the Medina, I've approached children with Coca and pointing to a shop selling snacks/soft drinks and I buy them whatever treats their hearts desire.

It's very gratifying and there is only so much that you can buy (and I love to shop!)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
3. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Hi,

Buying sweets etc for children without their parent's permission is not something one would do at home so please don't do it here.

Ipswich Suffolk
reviews: 1
4. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Thank you for your help, we have viewed the other threads and now contacted the orphanage directly and awaiting a reply.Thank you

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
5. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Great and thank you. Anyone else interested in helping others Google Espoir Marrakech and you'll find links to an abandoned baby creche which also needs help.

San Francisco
6. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Thanks Shimmin.

This interests me, but is it geared towards more long term volunteer? My French isn't very good, but I would imagine that they wouldn't be interested in those who could only volunteer a day or 2.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
7. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Hi jackiebuf,

Believe me they would be happy if someone could visit for a short time even just to hold the babies and show an interest. Thanks for asking.

Edited: 6:39 pm, March 20, 2013
San Francisco
8. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Oh that's music to my ears!!. I would like to plan a visit for my first day in Marrakech on April 19th. My French isn't very good; do you think I can get by on English?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
9. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

Hi,

I'm sure you'll manage, you know how much Moroccans like to find some way to comunicate with visitors, whatever the language. I've PM'd you some more information.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
10. Re: Marrakech orphanges and schools

bump