We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car and driver for the day

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Watford,UK
reviews: 100
Car and driver for the day

We are going to be staying in Dar Nanka for our first 3 nights of our trip. While it looks like a lovely hotel, I am aware that it is some distance out of town and am looking at the transport options.

We would ideally like to visit the Jardins Marjorelle, the souks and some of the museums, relax back at the hotel late afternoon and come back into town for an evening meal.

Our hotel has quoted us 800dh to have a car and driver at our disposal for a day. I am wondering if that is a good price. I am not sure if it would include returning to the hotel mid-afternoon and then making another return trip for dinner.

I expect the usual principle may apply- do not accept the first price of anything !

Would be useful to get an idea of what is reasonable .

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Car and driver for the day

The English speaking driver I use when I am in Marrakech charges between 60-70 Euros for the day in and around Marrakech, this equates to 660-780 DH, so the price you have been quoted is a decent price. Expect the driver to be in a modern 7 seater type vehicle for this price.

I have no doubt you will be able to get a grand taxi driver for the day for a cheaper fee, I would say around 500DH, but then the vehicle will be a lot older and your driver may speak limited English.

Once you have booked the driver, just make sure you know what time they start and finish. They will then take you around Marrakech and too/from your hotel as many times as you like.

Watford,UK
reviews: 100
2. Re: Car and driver for the day

Thanks for that. Our other plan is to see if another couple in our hotel may wish to share the cost with us .

Good to know that this quote is in the right area of price.

MIB15, do you book your driver from the UK before you arrive ?

I would appreciate any contact number you might have so we could use as a back-up if we cannot share or there is a problem with what we have been offered.

Edited: 1:53 pm, March 13, 2013
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Car and driver for the day

Yes, I always book before leaving the UK, its personal preference but having used the driver on my last 7 trips, I know he is trustworthy......I will email you his email and mobile number just incase you need it......

Sydney Olympic...
4. Re: Car and driver for the day

Hi

would you be able to email me the name of this driver too

Thanks

Julie

5. Re: Car and driver for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:16 pm, March 31, 2013
Casablanca
6. Re: Car and driver for the day

Hi Sabina;

Welcome to Morocco Travel forums.

Posting your e-mail in the forums will attract you so many spams and Touts, so watch out from any spam or any PM to be sent to you, and for the driver the MIB15 used just check his/her reviews then you could find his recommendations for his driver.

as you can simply just use the Searc box or the Links on the right side of your screen there is Tour companies and guides recommendations, there you might find what suits you with helpful recommendations, moreover; your riad in Marrakech can arrange it for you easily.

Preston
reviews: 2
7. Re: Car and driver for the day

thank you.

MIB15 has replied.

I have taken your advice and removed my post re email address

Regards

Sabina

Casablanca
8. Re: Car and driver for the day

That's good, hope that will work for you.

Good Luck and have a nice trip.

Ashford
reviews: 23
9. Re: Car and driver for the day

Hi I'd be interested in these details too, if you're willing to share again

10. Re: Car and driver for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2014