We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic and special meal

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Watford,UK
reviews: 118
Romantic and special meal

Interested in views on the restaurants we are considering for our one extra special meal in Marrakech next month.

Looking for a romantic setting and high quality food.

We won't be able to go to more than one of these, so tough deciding.

1. Les Jardins de la Medina

Looks very pretty, we wanted to stay here but out of our budget.

2. La Sultana

Love the rooftop setting and the idea of having a tour of the lovely building pre-dinner.

3. La Maison Arabe

Looks romantic, love the idea of fusion French type cooking.

Anyone been to some or all of these and can compare ???

We will be eating in each of our 2 riads as well and we are going on a 5 day trip inland so I think we will have had many tagines and traditional food, so the fusion French and fine dining options appeal for our other night in Marrakech .

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Romantic and special meal

Of course you can look up the many reviews of restaurants here on TA but have a look also at Dar Marjana,, Dar Moha and Le Tobsil. For a romantic and authentic meal I would recommend the latter.

I did not understand your comment about travelling inland - Marrakech is in the centre of Morocco.

Watford,UK
reviews: 118
2. Re: Romantic and special meal

What I meant was travelling beyond the city. We are going to Ait Benhaddou, Ouarzazate, Erg Chigaga and Agdz . On this trip we will have had our fill of tagines and traditional cooking , so I was looking for somewhere in Marrakech to have one meal not of this type .

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
3. Re: Romantic and special meal

Hi,

Of your 3 choices I'd recommend La Maison Arabe though this is only my personal opinion. Book a table by the pool.

Edited: 11:16 am, March 11, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: Romantic and special meal

Thanks for the explanation UnaW. For cuisines other than Moroccan you could try I Limone (Italian), the Kosybar (menu includes Japanese sushi and sushimi), or Cafe Arabe (Italian), all of these being in the medina. In the new town, Guilez and Hivernage, look out for Azar (Lebanese), Bombay (Indian), Le Comptoir Darna (fusion menus), Le Grand Cafe de la Poste (French, excellent veal liver!) or Katsura (Thai). Loads of choices!

Edited: 12:13 pm, March 11, 2013
Casablanca
5. Re: Romantic and special meal

Dar Marjana, La Sultana, and La Maison Arab are the highlights to enjoy a special meal in Marrakech.

6. Re: Romantic and special meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 13, 2014