We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go in Atlas mountain in the beginning of April

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
where to go in Atlas mountain in the beginning of April

Hi me and my wife would like a trekking in Atlas area at the beginning of April. We will be based at Marrakech and have total 10 days and only have 2 - 3 days for that area. We are not going to climb any peak just looking for beautiful views. So where is the best place to go in that time? Is it possible to do it without a guided tour?

San Francisco
reviews: 8
1. Re: where to go in Atlas mountain in the beginning of April

I think the Valley of Roses will be stunning this time of year. Everything is in bloom!

London, England...
2. Re: where to go in Atlas mountain in the beginning of April

Is the valley if roses in or near the Dades valley ? I saw this name in many 3 day 2 night desert tour and we will have one of these.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: where to go in Atlas mountain in the beginning of April

Yes, at the fortified village (kasbah) of El Kelaa M'Gouna. You will also see orchards of almonds, apricots and pomegranates in bloom in Spring as jackiebuf says. Just a pity that you will miss the rose festival in May. It is still certainly worth a visit.

London, England...
4. Re: where to go in Atlas mountain in the beginning of April

Thanks for the reply. We already booked a 3 day 2 nights trip to deserts (Markkeresh - desert - Markkeresh) and it will pass rose of valley (in the description at least). But I guess it will only may be stop for a while. So would it be worthwhile if we come back again after returning Markkeresh?

I am also thinking us doing the tour without guided tour so that we can stop anywhere and stay as long as we want and expand the 3 day 2 night to maybe 4,5 days. But that means we have to use public transportation (we don't drive). Just not sure would that be a lot of hassle?

5. Re: where to go in Atlas mountain in the beginning of April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2014