We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching the Sport (Rugby)

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, United...
Watching the Sport (Rugby)

Im off to Marrakech for a few days break (5 nights) but am concerned I may miss out on the 6 Nations Rugby!!, Is there a sports type bar antwhere there that has a TV and shows sport, additionally can I get a beer or x2. Thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

Hi,

Though there are many cafes and bars with flat screen TV's rugby is not a popular sport in Morocco so most would be showing football.

Try typing rugby into the search box above your post as this question has been asked before and suggestions made about how fans can find somewhere to watch games.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

As shimmin says rugby has no profile here. However you could always bribe whoever is behind the bar in Grand Hotel Tazi (in the medina) which shows non-stop TV to change channels to say Eurosport. You may even make a few conversions amongst the crowd (pun intended). Beers are relatively cheap and as an added bonus you may get complimentary peanuts/popcorn!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

I think you might struggle to find it.........if you have a laptop, you might have to watch it online...........

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
4. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

The rugby is actually show by more places than you might expect due to the large amount of French tourists in Marrakech - but obviously they will show the France games rather than England, Ireland etc

Try Le 6 Restaurant on Avenue Mohamed VI or I think Kechmara in Gueliz also show some - beer is available at both

you can often convince other cafes/bars to put it on if people arent watching anything else

Edited: 11:28 am, March 06, 2013
Salisbury, United...
5. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

Brilliant, sounding positive, would be happy watching the French game also, but not instead of! Am looking forward to the trip, thanks for the advice and I will certainly be trying those places mentioned. On-line is a good option but work will happen if I take a laptop or get connected, so no way, am not strong enough to ignore the pull.

Regards,

Salisbury, United...
6. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

Update: I have today returned from having a great 5 days away. I tracked down a place to watch the Rugby!!! "Brasserie La Renaissance" 89 angle boulevard zerktouni et boulevard Mohamed V - Gueliz.

The bar manager was great at getting the channel sorted and the staff really friendly and helpful. It was just a bad result for England. Beer served nice and cold. I went back the following day to watch the English League football too. Great place to chill.

Regards.

7. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:28 am, October 29, 2013
8. Re: Watching the Sport (Rugby)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 23, 2014