We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop for tea?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
reviews: 39
Where to stop for tea?

I'm about to visit Marrakech again and would appreciate some suggestions of good places to stop for a relax and a cup of mint tea. Last visit I spent quite a bit of time in cafes around the square people watching as I enjoyed my mint tea, which was great. However, I am sure there are some interesting 'Tea Houses' or more riad style places to take tea and would really appreciate some suggestions and recommendations.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Where to stop for tea?

Try one of the carpet emporia or one of the many tourist shops in the various souks where they will all be delighted to serve you a glass or three of mint tea in original surroundings. Riads do not offer a "drop in" tea service unless you are resident or lunch is being offered. There are however many cafes away from the square which can be interesting. Try those at Bab Doukkala for example.

England, United...
reviews: 39
2. Re: Where to stop for tea?

LOL! Thanks Pilboulus - I hadn't thought about the carpet emporia and tourist shops! I spend more than enough time doing that in Luxor!

When I asked, I was thinking more of somewhere a little more relaxing. I read somewhere not so long back an account of someones visits to Marrakech and it led me to believe that there were some 'tea houses' hidden away in the narrow streets of the Medina but open to the public if you knew where to look. I love the hustle and bustle of the square and people watching too but sometimes it's nice just to find a cosy niche and relax somewhere a bit different.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
3. Re: Where to stop for tea?

Place des ferblantiers comes to mind. Perhaps not cosy but a different scene.

4. Re: Where to stop for tea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 06, 2014