We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, UK
Rain in Marrakech

We are going to Marrakech next week (4th - 8th March) and the forecast at the moment says heavy rain showers for most of the time! Now, I come from south Wales so I'm well used to rain. Rain that stops you doing anything because it's so miserable, and lasts for 24 solid hours of a day. Inches and inches and inches of rain in one day - which continues for a week at a time. Am I right in thinking that Moroccan rain isn't as bad as that and that we will actually have plenty of time to do things in between the rain? (Please!)

1. Re: Rain in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:36 am, October 29, 2013
Wales, UK
2. Re: Rain in Marrakech

Oh no! We booked Marrakech as an antidote to Welsh summers. Serves us right. But yes, weather forecasts are often wrong. And there's plenty of room in our suitcases for a brolly!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Rain in Marrakech

Seven day forecasts can be unreliable. However as a resident of Marrakech I would say that the chances are that you will experience some rain a few times during your stay. Otherwise it is likely to be cloudy with sunny intervals. Warm in direct sunlight (it has been 20 to 23 degrees during the day), cooler in the shade and cold (6 - 8) at night. Bring a brolly certainly!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
4. Re: Rain in Marrakech

I have been in the same situation as you, on two separate visits I have seen the 7 day weather forecast for Marrakech and it has been showing heavy rain, but when I got there it was nice and sunny...........take some appropriate clothing just incase but don't worry about it too much, it cannot be any worse than it is in Cardiff at the moment..........I haven't seen a clear blue sky for weeks!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 4:46 am, March 02, 2013
Wales, UK
5. Re: Rain in Marrakech

Thanks all, I'm sure we'll be fine. (Though just to add insult to injury it's beautifully sunny and warm here in south west Wales today!)

6. Re: Rain in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 04, 2014