We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamworth, United...
reviews: 39
Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

Firstly a big thanks to everyone that contributes to this site, i have read all of the advice and posts that people have gone to the effort to contribute to.

Now... Can you help please

We are staying in Marrakech in May and have 1 night booked in Imill.

We hope to travel to Imill in the afternoon but have a sightseeing tour on the way with stop offs at interesting places and to take photos, then return in the afternoon the next day.

I have got a quote for this transfer for an english speaking guide and driver from both the hotel we are going to and riad we are going from.

1 came in at 85 euros each way and the other at 90 euros each way which seems excessive? No doubt we would tip too.

If this is the going rate im happy to pay it for an honest, english speaking informative guide and driver in a good car but i dont think i would pay that price here in the UK so am i just being ripped off being a tourist??

If so where do i get prices or find other guides/drivers please?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

Yes it does sound exorbitant, 935 dh is a small fortune in Morocco. And why would you tip on top????

Why not have some fun and take a shared grand taxi, buy all four seats in the rear to make sure you have space, it will be a fraction of the above cost. You'll need to change taxis in Asni to get one up to Imlil.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
2. Re: Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

To cut the cost use an English speaking driver and skip the guide

The cost per trip is around 600 dh

Casablanca
3. Re: Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

Yes i agree with Tim, you could just share a grand Taxi with other passengers.

as you can check the search box for more information or contacting a Tour company to hire you a reliable driver.

Have fun.

Tamworth, United...
reviews: 39
4. Re: Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

Thanks for the advice, think we will wait to arrival and find someone there

London, United...
reviews: 29
5. Re: Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

Hi Tim,

I will be arriving in Marrakech next week and hoping to the same as Shelbypoppit. Is it easy to pick up a Grand Taxi in Asni onward to Imil and what about return from Imil? I fear getting stranded!

Thank you for your help.

Elaine

6. Re: Driver/guide costs from Marrakech to Imill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 03, 2014