We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a certian taxi driver

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nomansland, United...
reviews: 66
Looking for a certian taxi driver

We had a taxi driver in January who we would like to use again when we come next month.

His spot is by the Riad Mogador Opera and he is distinctive because he has one leg, his name is Mohammed but we have lost his contact details. He told us he was the only one legged taxi driver in Marrakech so I am hoping someone will know him.

Can anyone help me get in touch with him before we leave the UK please ?

All help welcome and gratefully received

^^ sorry for typo in title ^^ :)

Edited: 2:29 pm, February 26, 2013
7 replies to this topic
Casablanca
1. Re: Looking for a certian taxi driver

Hi Jo S;

How can someone knows him through here, maybe you have an experience that others did not have, but try to ask once you are in Marrakech, your hotel can manage a good Taxi Driver for you, whom you can negotiate and discuss your order with.

Have fun.

Nomansland, United...
2. Re: Looking for a certian taxi driver

Someone may know him because( unlike me lol), they may have kept his contact card.

I wanted to use him again because I like to support people who do good jobs, if I cant find anyone here who may have his details then I will of course have to go and look him out, I just wanted to save myself a job

:)

Edited: 2:58 pm, February 26, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
3. Re: Looking for a certian taxi driver

there are more than 1500 taxi drivers in Marrakech so it will be hard to find him unless you put time and efforts in it

Does he have a small taxi or Mercedes?

Nomansland, United...
4. Re: Looking for a certian taxi driver

Yes it will be hard, its narrowed down significantly by the fact he only has one leg, but that is of course, someone actually reading this kept his card :)

Nomansland, United...
5. Re: Looking for a certian taxi driver

Sorry True Believer , I forgot to answer your question, he has a Mercedes and I think the best way will be to email the Mogador Opera (where I stayed) and ask them to get his details. They were very helpful when we were there so hopefully they wont mind asking him when he collects a guest from there

London, United...
6. Re: Looking for a certian taxi driver

I have just got back from Marrakech and our first taxi driver from Opera Plaza hotel was the only one legged taxi driver in morrocco. His card was the only one I kept for a taxi, his name is Si Mohamed and his number is +212 (0) 6 68 94 68 16

We were there on a girls holiday and felt very safe in his car. Hope this helps :)

Nomansland, United...
7. Re: Looking for a certian taxi driver

Sorry Laura, only just realised you responded. I knew someone else would know him, he is probably the most distinctive taxi driver in Marrakech. I agree about feeing safe, he was good as gold with our female party. I have kept his number for future reference and to recommend him. Thanks again :)

Reply to: Looking for a certian taxi driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted