We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riad query for 3 people

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, Auckland...
reviews: 34
Riad query for 3 people

My husband and I are coming to Marrakech for 4 nights in June with a friend. We would like to stay in a Riad with a swimming pool trouble is I can't find anything that has a seperate sleeping space for our extra guest. Is this possible. We are looking for a nice place with excellent breakfast in the Medina (this looks the place to be) I have no idea how much we would like to spend and am open to budget to mid range properties. What are your thoughts on hotels in Marrakech? Does anyone have any recommendations please. Not sure if I have covered everything please feel free to extract more from me if I have missed something!

Thornton Cleveleys...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Riad query for 3 people

I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood but I'm not sure what the problem is exactly? You just need to book two rooms - one for you and your husband and one for your friend.

If you want to stay in the same room, there are family rooms with separate areas for the kids beds . Riad Misria has an "appartment" that has two bedrooms, that's the first that springs to mind but only because I stayed in it.

Auckland, Auckland...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Riad query for 3 people

Thank you LaLico, that is exactly what I was searching for a seperate bedroom! I have booked at Riad Misria in the apartment. Much appreciated

Edited: 1:47 pm, February 27, 2013
Thornton Cleveleys...
3. Re: Riad query for 3 people

Glad to be of help. There are quite a few riads that have this kind of set-up but that was the only one that I knew of off the top of my head.

The upstairs room is accessed via the bathroom but the toilet itself is separate so it shouldn't be a problem.

Have a lovely time and please come and ask any more questions you have on the forum - forewarned really is forearmed in Marrakech!

London, UK
reviews: 3
4. Re: Riad query for 3 people

Picking up this thread again, I am planning to visit Marrakesh towards the end of the year with my parents, so need something like this, an apartment that can sleep 3 people. Any other options>

Thanks in advance.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
5. Re: Riad query for 3 people

For apartment rentals see here:

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g293734-Revi…

Any riad can accommodate three people.

London, UK
6. Re: Riad query for 3 people

Thanks - just wasn't sure if it said 'accommodates 10 people' it meant exclusive hire or you just hire the bit you need for the amount of people.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: Riad query for 3 people

For a riad you can just book the number of rooms that you need, for example in your case a double for your parents and a single for yourself. City apartments tend only to accept whole house reservations, but be aware that statements like "can sleep 10" usually means being crowded in like sardines. Charges will be for the rental of the apartment and not per room. You are probably better advised to look for a centrally placed riad within the medina where you can be assured of personal service and close to the main attractions rather than bland modern hotels. Only my opinion.

Thornton Cleveleys...
8. Re: Riad query for 3 people

Is it essential that you share a room with your parents? If not, I suggest just booking two separate rooms in a small, cosy riad.

Otherwise there are a fair few riads that have family rooms capable of sleeping 3 people, you'll just need to work your way through them until you find one you want. A very quick Google search for "riad with family room" brought up Riad Nasreen which has two "douiria" or appartmet rooms available. riadnasreen.com/en/marjolaine_marrakech.php or Riad Africa which has family rooms/suites www.riadafrica.co.uk/rooms/casablanca-suite/

Google is always your friend and a search for "riad with appartment" or "riad with douiria" will bring up a wealth of options.

London, UK
9. Re: Riad query for 3 people

Thanks all for the replies - definitely don't need to share the room with my parents! But money-wise seems quite a good idea for an apartment within a riad type approach.

Thornton Cleveleys...
10. Re: Riad query for 3 people

Oh, it's been far too long since I've pulled out my trusty "guide to finding a riad" advice! So here it is once more ;-) Hope it helps

Things to consider (this list is not by any means exhaustive):

- What kind of riad would you prefer, small or large (ie 3 rooms or 15 rooms)?

- do you want a small bedroom or a suite with sitting area

-what kind of bathroom you like - traditional tadelakt or Western tiling etc

-size of bed

- whether you want a ground floor room or one on a higher floor (courtyard rooms have the potential to be noisy)

- if you have mobility issues, find out about steps/stairs and split level accommodation

-whether you want a pool/dipping pool/jacuzzi etc

-whether you want an in-house hammam

-what kind of decor you like (bright and Berber or sleek, monochrome minimalism etc)

-whether you have a preference of location within the medina

- do rooms have AC and minifridges to store drinks?

-whether WiFi is in all rooms or just in the main lounge/courtyard

-whether alcohol is served in the riad or, if not, if you can bring your own in

- whether there is satellite TV and whether it is in rooms or in a lounge

-what kind of breakfast is served and whether the riad can provide other meals if neccessary

-does the riad offer transfers to/from airport and will they meet you at dropping point?

- if you don't speak French or Moroccan, check that there is a permanent staff member in the riad who will be able to communicate with you in English

Choosing the right place to suit you is incredibly important - this is going to be your refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city, so it needs to be a place that you can feel at home. I know that there are thousands of riads to search through and it is time consuming but look at it in a positive way - it will teach you a little of the patience needed to enjoy Marrakech!