We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight in Sahara via flight to Errachidia?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Overnight in Sahara via flight to Errachidia?

My wife and I will be in Morocco in mid-March, and don't have enough days to drive the 8 hours each way to Merzouga for an overnight on the dunes.

I ran across an outfitter/guide/service called "Morocco Journeys" that has just what we would want, fly from Marrakesh to Errachidia, make ones way to the dunes at Merzouga, spend an overnight in the desert, and then fly back to Marrakech the next mid-day.

Has anyone had experience with either this itinerary or this company? With other companies offering the same (rough) itinerary? The fact that I have only seen one offering like this on the web makes me a little nervous, but it sure would seem to save some precious vacation time.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Level Contributor
884 posts
1. Re: Overnight in Sahara via flight to Errachidia?

How many days do you have in Morocco, i think you don't need to be in hurry just for an overnight in the desert, that's too much for it, if you don't have much time to do it, save the desert experience for another time, as you can enjoy the contrast of Morocco Landscapes in Morocco, by the high atlas Mountains, and enjoying the most amazing road of Thousand kasbah to the desert via the Dades Valley, and the Todra Gorges, never heard about someone did the plan you suggsted before.

enjoy Marrakech and do some day trips to Essaouira or teh High atlas Mountains.

Vienna, Austria
1 post
2. Re: Overnight in Sahara via flight to Errachidia?

Hi Tom,

Did you finally do the fly in - one night in desert - fly out experience into the desert? It is exactly what we are looking to do but dont know where to start.

If you have any info for us and could let us know how it was it would be highly appreciated!!!!

Many many thanks in advance,

Bloomfield Hills...
1 post
3. Re: Overnight in Sahara via flight to Errachidia?

HI Julia,

Did you ever arrange to do the one day flight? We are looking into it as well.

Level Contributor
1,561 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Overnight in Sahara via flight to Errachidia?

Robert, you might get the information you want faster if you send Julia (and Tom) a PM?

Just click on the name.

5. Re: Overnight in Sahara via flight to Errachidia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 25, 2014