We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camels in Marrakesch?!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 11
Camels in Marrakesch?!

We are off to Marrakesch in 3 weeks time. Apart from a whole day trip, is there the chance of a camel ride or not? I done a 2 hour trek type thing in Tunisia years ago, and wanted to do the same again.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Monkey6870

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
1. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

Yes there are a number of companies in the Palmeraie which do camel riding. Your accommodation should be able to help organise it.

Norwich, United...
2. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

Very many thanks, heresmyreply :)

New York,USA
3. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

You can also try to arrange your camel ride near the Menara Gardens. We were offered a camel ride while we got off the car there.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
4. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

but if I understand right so you will be there 3 weeks, or? In that case you have big opportunity to go to one of the ergs in Morocco and ride camel in theirs most naturally and more authentic landscape than near the airport or so. Or go to Agafy desert, 30 min from Marrakech.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

The camels near to the Menara gardens are really just for a photo opportunity. If you want to do a 2 hour trek you are best going to the Palmeraie.

Norwich, United...
6. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

Yes, will be there in 3 weeks, not for 3 weeks, Khamlia.

Thanks for all your help. It's appreciated from all of you :)

Casablanca
7. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

At the palmerie you have the best landscape to do it, as you will find it very interesting, Yes in 3 weeks you will be in Marrakech as you have a very limited time to do.

Have fun and welcome to Morocco Travel forums.

Norwich, United...
8. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

Thank you, HamidB499. I went to Tangier which was the first time I ever went abroad. I loved it! Looking forward to Marrakesch very much :)

9. Re: Camels in Marrakesch?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 26, 2014