We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay, our first trip to Marrakesh?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks
reviews: 1
Where to stay, our first trip to Marrakesh?

We are planning a five day trip with our 15 year old son. We would like to stay in a Riad within walking distance (10 mins or so) of everything going on, but far enough away so we can chill if it all gets too much! We just plan on mooching around, shopping and enjoying the local food. What areas would anyone suggest?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Where to stay, our first trip to Marrakesh?

Hi,

Everyone has their favourite area. Mouassine, Dar el Bacha and Bab Doukkala on the North I'd suggest and the Kasbah to the South of the square are popular. Don't worry too much about being 10 minutes away, a 15 to 20 minute walk through the sights and sounds make for an enjoyable start to any day.

Casablanca
2. Re: Where to stay, our first trip to Marrakesh?

I agree with Shimmin, in addition to the address he has provided also Derb Dabachi is very close to the Square Jemaa el Fna withing 5 minutes to the square it has some beautiful riads too, the riad in Bab Ksour as well are a very close.

Good Luck & Happy Travels.

Edited: 5:49 pm, February 22, 2013
manchester uk
reviews: 22
3. Re: Where to stay, our first trip to Marrakesh?

We stayed close to the royal palace in the kasbah near bab ksiba , it was in my opinion a perfect location and we will return with our 15 yo in the autumn.

4. Re: Where to stay, our first trip to Marrakesh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 25, 2014