We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech to Essaouira

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woking, United...
reviews: 20
Marrakech to Essaouira

Hi

Thinking of returning to Marrakech in June and fancy spending a couple of nights in Essaouira. Does anybody know the easiest way to do this - either train or coach would be fine. Approx. costs would also be handy. Also any mid range hotel in Essaouira that anyone could recommend would be brilliant.

Thanks , Dodgy.

Casablanca
1. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

Hi Dodgy;

Welcome to Morocco Travel Forums.

By the way; from Marrakech to Essaouira there is only the Bus which goes every 2 hours from Marrakech, to Essaouira, so that is the easiest way to do it, as the bus is reliable and clean, check the timetable online here : www.oncf.ma

for Hotels please check the Hotels section and read some helpful reviews then try to send Private Messages to any of them attract you for any concerns or travel interests: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g298349-Essaouira_Mar…

Happy Travels.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

I have split a couple of my holidays to Morocco between Marrakech and Essaouira, it is such a contrast staying in Essaouira as everything is done at such a slow pace (the total opposite to Marrakech)..........

Hotels/riads, it all depends on your budget, I stay at Riad Bab Essaouira (it costs around £65 a night), I stay there because the owner has a riad in Marrakech aswell and I just get him to organise the whole trip for me..........

There are 3 ways to get to Essaouira, hire a car and drive yourself (the road is straight and it is very easy), hire a driver to take you (expect to pay between £60-£80 each way for a 7 seater type vehicle), take the Supertours coach (cost is approx £8 each way), the coach is comfortable and on the same level as National Express. If you do decide to take the coach, then as soon as you get to bus station in Essouira, buy your return ticket in advance, the coach is often sold out on the way back to Marrakech......

Edited: 4:29 am, February 23, 2013
Woking, United...
reviews: 20
3. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

Hi

Thanks for your replies - really helpful information , much appreciated.

Sorry for the delay in posting this message of thanks !

Cheers , Dodgy.

London, United...
reviews: 34
4. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

I went to Essaouira by the coach in October. It was fairly simple booking my ticket in Marrakech at the coach station - but I do advise you to check the right date has been printed on the ticket before you walk away. What they didn't explain to me was that I would have to pay extra for baggage in the hold (think it was 10MD's.) I found this out on the morning of my departure when about to get on the coach. I then joined the normal ticket queue, only to find out that you get a baggage ticket from a seperate office around the corner. The actual ticket cost 70 MD's (one way). The journey is around 3hrs long and they do make a comfort stop en route.

I had read about getting my return ticket as soon as I arrived in Essaouira and it was good advice.

I stayed at Dar El Paco which is within the medina area. I would happily stay there again. My review is here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298349-d1902…

I also wrote some reviews for restaurants which can be found in my profile page.

London, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

My friend just came back from Marrakesh and I was told that they went for one day trip to Essaouira and bought return ticket on that day in Marrakesh bus station. So I hope that 's possible!?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
6. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

Hi Mmmm S,

If they went with Supratours there is only one service which offers the return ticket. You ask for the "confort retour" which leaves Marrakech at 09.00 and returns from Essaouira at 17.00.

London, United...
reviews: 3
7. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

That must be the one;0)

8. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 10, 2014