We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gas budget to go to merzouga

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 26
gas budget to go to merzouga

Please share how much did you pay when renting car and driving to Merzouga from Marrakech (gas money). I am trying to figure out how much cheaper it is to rent a car and drive vs hire a driver. Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
1. Re: gas budget to go to merzouga

Depends on the vehicle, how fast you drive, whether it's petrol or diesel...

Obviously it will be cheaper, but I don't think that's the main decision criteria, it's more to do with whether you're the sort of person who enjoys planning a route and DIY. Drivers will only have a few words of English and personally I wouldn't like to share my holiday with a complete stranger with whom I cannot converse.

Casablanca
2. Re: gas budget to go to merzouga

The Plien can be enough to take you from Marrakech to Merzouga for a small car, as the plien is about 400 Drhams as it can take around 1000 Kms, as i agree with Tim's suggestion.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
3. Re: gas budget to go to merzouga

I agree, the price of fuel is not more important than what you will see around the way, there are so many interesting places, you will be flexible, can stay where you want, etc.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
4. Re: gas budget to go to merzouga

It will be cheaper to hire your own car and put the fuel in, but as the previous posts advise, you will miss out on a lot of things that a professional driver will be able to show you.

As a comparison, expect to pay a driver (with a 7 seater type vehicle) to charge you 180 US dollars a day, that will include all of his costs. You will have to pay for your own accommodation, which does not cost that much once you are out of Marrakech (between 40-80 US dollars for a double room).

If you want the contact details of the English speaking driver I use when I am in Marrakech, then feel free to send me a private message and I will email his contact details to you.........

Edited: 4:40 am, February 23, 2013
5. Re: gas budget to go to merzouga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 25, 2014