We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 31
Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

Hi all,

We were considering going on "the 3 valleys" tour with Marrakech Trips, and were wondering about the places to eat in these areas, and what kind of prices to expect?

e.g. in Ourika valley, lunch in restaurant close to the river, or surrounding Berber villages perhaps?

Also, to visit the waterfalls in Ourika valley, how long and difficult is the walk to see them? We dont need to get up close but just enough to get a reasonable view of them.

Thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

If you can stretch your leg and get your foot anywhere near your head, then you'll be fine scrambling up to the waterfalls. Not a place for 'elf and safety' inspectors.

Ourika valley is a popular place with tourists and prices are accordingly sky high so keep your wits about you. Don't accept anything until you know how much you will be stuck for.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

As far as the waterfalls at Val D'Ourika are concerned you really do have to ascend them for the best views. Depending on the time you plan to visit they can be in full torrent or a miserable trickle of water. The ascent is not for the faint hearted either!

Glasgow, United...
3. Re: Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

Thanks. We are planning a visit in 4 weeks. In terms of food what kind of price range for lunch? We have budgeted 9 eur each. I guess we could take a packed lunch from Marrakech. Thoughts?

Casablanca
4. Re: Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

I have enjoyed a super Lunch by the River of Ourika in Setti Fatma, a restaurant named Le Noyon it's really amazing as it's has a sunny terrace to enjoy the sun and the river from the Roof.

Have fun and enjoy the Ourika Valley.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
5. Re: Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

Why are you budgeting in euros when it's not the currency of your country or Morocco? 9 euros is about 100dh which is a massive amount for lunch even with Ourika Valley prices.

Glasgow, United...
6. Re: Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

It was just a yardstick to use, I could have used gbp, mad etc. I read reviews about meal at a Berber house but I think that's arranged via the tour company.

7. Re: Places to eat and price - Ourika valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014