We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Supratours

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Booking Supratours

Hi everyone.

Thanks to my recent post I have decided to fly to Marrakech, spend 3 days and nights there then move onto Essaouria for 3 more days and nights and return to Marrakech for my final night before flying home.

Just wanted to check, is there limited availability with Supratours during the summer months due to many visiting tourists? Ive heard you cannot book the buses from here in the UK and have to wait until you arrive in Morocco but im worried that they will be full.

Should I go to the bus station on my first day of arrival to book??

Many thanks.

35 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
reviews: 3
11. Re: Booking Supratours

Hi,

Can someone tell me exactly where the Supratours office is in order to book my tickets (is it in the train station building or is it a separate building on the same road) ?

Thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
12. Re: Booking Supratours

Hi,

The main depot is beside the train station but there is also a booking office just outside Bab Doukkala on Rue des Nations Unie.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 3
13. Re: Booking Supratours

Thankyou, can I use the depot to book tickets, or do i have to go to the office outside Bab Doukkala? is the office more or less near Al Ahbass Pharmacy? (trying to get my bearings on Google maps :) )

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
14. Re: Booking Supratours

Hi,

It's probably easier to go to the main depot by the train station unless you are staying in the Bab Doukkala area.

Roscommon, Ireland
reviews: 64
15. Re: Booking Supratours

Do the supratours buses have toilet facilities on

board?

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
16. Re: Booking Supratours

The normal services don't have a toilet on board. Previously the "confort" services had a toilet on board but I don't know if this is still the case. However usually there is a stop at a service station approx. halfway along the route.

London, United...
reviews: 1
17. Re: Booking Supratours

There's some useful stuff already in this thread about the Marrakech to Essaouira Supratours bus experience, but as I did the trip a few days ago I thought I'd add my 2 Dirham's worth. Here's what I would have wanted to know beforehand:

1. You can buy tickets for Supratours buses either from:

(a) Their office near the railway station (la gare ferroviaire), which is on Avenue Hassan II in the new town. Behind the station there's an Ibis hotel: the Supratours depot is right behind this, on the main road.

or

(b) From a booking office that Supratours have on Avenue des Nations Unies near Bab Doukkala, one of the gates leading out from the old city walls. This is the closer option if you're staying in the medina / old town. The booking office is close to the bus station but NOT there, so don't go there. Standing outside Bab Doukkala, you'll see a Zurich Bank sign across a busy road. Head towards that, then a few doors down you'll find the booking office.

2. Wherever you book your tickets, the departure will be from the main Supratours depot behind the railway station (see above for directions). We managed to walk there in about 30 minutes from the old town (we were staying near Bab Doukkala) but you might want to get a taxi.

3. You can pay 70 Dirham each way for a standard bus ticket or 100 Dirham each way to travel on the 'Confort Plus' bus, which is what we did. It left at 9am and came back at 5pm. The Confort Plus bus has loads of legroom and an OK toilet.

4. The journey is quite long: 3 hours each way including 1 rest break. So, in total, we had 5 hours in Essaouira and 6 hours of travelling. This was OK, but I can see why a night or two in Essaouira would make sense if you have a bit more time than we did.

5. The bad driving mentioned in an earlier response wasn't a problem at all. The road to Essaouira is really good, the speed limits are pretty low and the driver stuck to them (we saw quite a few police speed traps around).

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 65
18. Re: Booking Supratours

useful post - sure it will be helpful for many

I have taken the bus to Essaouira but never been on one of these 'Confort Plus' buses

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 108
19. Re: Booking Supratours

I used Supratours last Sunday and was very impressed with the driving and punctuality , well worth booking from the main office by the railway station though .

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
20. Re: Booking Supratours

Unless you are staying in the Bab Doukkala area.

Reply to: Booking Supratours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted