We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Supratours

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Booking Supratours

Hi everyone.

Thanks to my recent post I have decided to fly to Marrakech, spend 3 days and nights there then move onto Essaouria for 3 more days and nights and return to Marrakech for my final night before flying home.

Just wanted to check, is there limited availability with Supratours during the summer months due to many visiting tourists? Ive heard you cannot book the buses from here in the UK and have to wait until you arrive in Morocco but im worried that they will be full.

Should I go to the bus station on my first day of arrival to book??

Many thanks.

30 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Booking Supratours

Basically yes. I advise guests to buy their tickets the day before. Having said that high summer is low season here (if that makes sense!) and there are fewer tourists. But to counter that many Marrakshis spend their holidays in Essaouira: weekend travel could be busy.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Booking Supratours

I have used Supratour bus tours (day trips) 2 times when visiting Marrakech.

Both times I felt my life was in danger because of the bad bus driving.

The two different drivers drove as if they were on a racing track. They would pass cars and trucks at high speeds, while making the bus feel as if it was going to tip over. Passengers (a few times) tried to tell the driver(s) to slow down but with no results.

I found myself taking pictures of the driver "trying" to pass cars and trucks with little room for error and causing the passengers to almost scream?

I have decide it is not worth my life or an uncomfortable 2+ hour ride with a bus company who allows this style of reckless driving. I suggest hiring a private tour guide with a private small van or car...find friends at the hotel or at the bus station before they purchase a ticket...it may cost a few euros or dollars more but it will be safer and worth the experience to see a new place with a guide (and no stopping at pre-arranged places by the bus to have people sell things to you).

Essaouira is a beautiful city to visit.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Booking Supratours

I have used Supratour bus tours (day trips) 2 times when visiting Marrakech.

Both times I felt my life was in danger because of the bad bus driving.

The two different drivers drove as if they were on a racing track. They would pass cars and trucks at high speeds, while making the bus feel as if it was going to tip over. Passengers (a few times) tried to tell the driver(s) to slow down but with no results.

I found myself taking pictures of the driver "trying" to pass cars and trucks with little room for error and causing the passengers to almost scream?

I have decide it is not worth my life or an uncomfortable 2+ hour ride with a bus company who allows this style of reckless driving. I suggest hiring a private tour guide with a private small van or car...find friends at the hotel or at the bus station before they purchase a ticket...it may cost a few euros or dollars more but it will be safer and worth the experience to see a new place with a guide (and no stopping at pre-arranged places by the bus to have people sell things to you).

Essaouira is a beautiful city to visit.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
4. Re: Booking Supratours

I was using Supratour buses more than twice and never I felt me worried or something like that. Last time I was going from Ouarzazate to Marrakech, it was bad weather, snowing a little there up at Tiz-n-Tichka, raining most the rest of the time. Bus driver was going so slowly and carefully so I was not worry at all and enjoyed it.

Even if it is low period you will be there so it not hurt to buy the ticket one day before - you never know and suddenly it can be so many people - not only tourist are going but even locals. Actually I can say that there were traveling most locals than tourists.

Marrakech, Morocco
5. Re: Booking Supratours

Like Khamlia I have travelled with Supratours without incident. Using a private driver is MUCH more expensive and gives no guarantee of safety either. And someone who posts the same message twice (and a first time poster) may not be in full command of their faculties.

Edited: 8:37 am, May 23, 2013
6. Re: Booking Supratours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:37 pm, October 28, 2013
Edited: 11:37 pm, October 28, 2013

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
7. Re: Booking Supratours

Hi,

Another supporter of Supratours. I've had numerous guests use them with no complaints.

marrakech
reviews: 1
8. Re: Booking Supratours

Unlike other public buses, Supratours has a very good reputation in Morocco in terms selecting the best qualified drivers to work for them, the buses are well-maintained. The only company, as far as I am concerned, I can vouch for is Supratours. Please bear in mind that the date of your travel does not coincide with the Gnawa Festival 20th to 23rd of June as it gets VERY BUSY, so purchasing your ticket in advance is advisable.

London
9. Re: Booking Supratours

My husband and I are going to Marrakech for the first time for 5 nights. Can anyone recommend the best itinerary and places to see. What's the best way to travel around the place? Is it easy to walk around everywhere from the Hotel

Marrakech, Morocco
10. Re: Booking Supratours

Click on "Things to Do" on the green navigation bar at the top of your screen. However Yasmin this is not related to Supratours, the subject of this thread, and would have been better posted as a separate question.

Reply to: Booking Supratours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted