We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Hiking near Marrakech?? Single overnight trips? Guides?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 24
Day Hiking near Marrakech?? Single overnight trips? Guides?

My wife and I will be in Marrakech in Mid-March.

We are outdoorsy, liking both hiking and (road) biking. But, the biking looks kind of 'less nice' near Marrakech, and we are concerned that there might not be too much available in the way of longer day hikes near the city that wouldn't involve a ton of driving. We do not want to do a multi-day hike, but would be open to a trip involving a single overnight with two long day hikes.

Has anyone had experience with a guide or outfitter that could lead us on these type of adventures? (We expect to hire a guide rather than trying to do this on our own.) And, are there really scenic places close enough to Marrakesh to be accomplished in a day trip, or does it really make sense to stay someplace and do two days in one area.

Also, if people could give feedback on the hiking in areas like Ouzoud Waterfalls, Ourika Valley, Tassa Ouirgane,Tizi Oussem, Toubkai, Imlil, etc., that would be extremely helpful. We are not afraid of elevation gain, but are not rock climbers.

Thanks very much in advance,

Tom

Casablanca
1. Re: Day Hiking near Marrakech?? Single overnight trips? Guides?

The best hike you might do at the high Atlas Mountains, go to Imlil and stay an overnight experience the Kasbah Toubkal best place to enjoy the breathtaking view of the Toubkal Mountain, and there the hotel include the Hiking by a local mountain guide in their price of Lunch, enjoy it and have fun in imlil.

One more thing in case you would love to trek at the high atlas mountains you can hire a guide from bereau des guide in Imlil, they are trustworthy and licensed by the government.

Have fun.

Boston
reviews: 24
2. Re: Day Hiking near Marrakech?? Single overnight trips? Guides?

Thanks very much for your help. We will make sure to get to Imlil.

Once again, thanks!

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 172
3. Re: Day Hiking near Marrakech?? Single overnight trips? Guides?

You can also go to the Telouet area. You have some village lodges that can serve as basis for hiking, in Tighza for instance.

Another possiblity is Setti Fatma.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: Day Hiking near Marrakech?? Single overnight trips? Guides?

I agree with HamidB that an overnight trek/stay in and around Imlil is probably your best bet given your requirements. I would not recommend Setti Fatma in the Ourika valley for anything but a day trip. I much prefer the less touristy Ouirgane for guided treks which include visits to Berber villages.

5. Re: Day Hiking near Marrakech?? Single overnight trips? Guides?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 27, 2014