We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, New Jersey
reviews: 71
Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

Hi,

My husband and I are going to Marrakech and want to get the true experience of a hammam by going to a public one. The problem is that it seems many have different hours for men and women so therefore we couldn't go together.

I understand there are some with separate entrances for men and women so that we can go at the same time. Does anyone know where these are located in the medina? Thanks!

Edited: 5:20 pm, February 19, 2013
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

Hi,

There are many but to start you off there is one just at Bab Doukkala and another at the junction of Rue de Mouassine and Rue Dar el Bacha.

Aberdeen, New Jersey
2. Re: Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I read that the Bab Doukkala one has women from noon to 7 and men after 8 so it seemed that it didn't have separate entrances..unless they changed it of course! I'll look at the Rue de Mouassine one =)

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

If you choose the one at the junction of Rue de Mouassine and Rue Dar el Bacha then, depending where you are staying, ask your petit taxi driver for Dar el Bacha itself (the Pasha's palace). The hammam is about 300 meters in a straight line from that drop off point. You will pass the centre de sante on your right. Or, if approaching from Djemma al Fna, it is a five minute walk down Rue de Mouassine from Bab el Ftouh, turning right at the end of this street. There are at least two public hammams at Bab Doukkala.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
4. Re: Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

Hi,

The one beside the Grand Mosquee Bab Doukkala has different times for men and women whereas the one beside the Gate Bab Doukkala has seperate hammams where you can both visit at the same time.

Aberdeen, New Jersey
5. Re: Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

Thank you both so much for the info!

6. Re: Local hammam with separate men and women entrances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 22, 2014