We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hammam + Massage Experiences.

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Best Hammam + Massage Experiences.

I have been Morocco five times but yet to find a hamman in Marrakech that really did hit the nail on the head. I did like Hammam Ziani but found the men too close for comfort at times! Would anybody like to shed light on places where there are highly skilled masseuses? Some of my friends that i am travelling with this time are quite touchy on masseurs and would prefer female therapists even though this would go against hammam tradition. Any light shed on this would be appreciated. Iv got on Les Bain D'Azahara on my list vist and wanted other options.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Best Hammam + Massage Experiences.

Trouble is, you're going to tourist spas. Try the local hammams.

Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Best Hammam + Massage Experiences.

If your male friends want female masseuses you'll have to stick to the tourist spa type places and miss the real hammam experience. Hammam de la Rose and Les bains de Marrakech are two very popular spas.

Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Best Hammam + Massage Experiences.

I went to les bains on my recent trip to morocco. The massage was a let down. I'm used to Thai massages and the moroccon version of a massage was just the lady rubbing her palms on my body.

Level Contributor
884 posts
4. Re: Best Hammam + Massage Experiences.

it's better to use the touristy one as shimmin has suggested, the real moroccan one is not what you might like, might be a bit hot and busy, and the massure can rub your body roughly, make your own experience in this side of your trip and enjoy the real morocco on other sides, like culture, living the real morocco, like cuisine hidden location..

have fun.

5. Re: Best Hammam + Massage Experiences.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 21, 2014