We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any solo travelers there in March?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 1
any solo travelers there in March?

I've just booked a totally on a whim last minute trip to Marrakesh in aid of using up annual leave. I'll be there 5th-12th March and plan to travel down to Essaoria (scuse spelling I'm still learning Morroco) and maybe a day in the mountains. I'm a mid-30s chilled out friendly female. Have travelled alone before but would much prefer company so if there are any other similar travelers who fancy catching up for a mint tea pls get in touch

12 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

Hi,

Best to have a look at www.travbuddies.com or similar as TA is not the place to find travelling companions. Also watch out for posts here from men offering to accompany you!

Casablanca
2. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

That's true or just do it on Facebook there is some pages where you can share your quiry about group joining, or making a group of travellers so not to travel alone, as you will meet with so many other travellers in Morocco.

San Francisco
reviews: 8
3. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

Sorry I'm going in April

While I love reading the forums and find lots of useful info, I get tired of the people who are so quick to knock down a post.

While Travbuddy is more directly related to finding or meeting up with like minded travelers, I see nothing wrong with posts here.

Just ignore and move on if you have nothing informative to add.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
4. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

I have been Solo a few times to Marrakech, it is great fun and you will get to meet lots of other solo travellers, either in your hotel or around Jemma el Fna square.

I am looking for flights in the next few weeks, if I am there on the same dates as you, I will send you an email............

Edited: 5:45 am, February 19, 2013
london
reviews: 1
5. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

Thanks that gives me some consolation. I'm having a last minute panic about going to such a hectic place alone : s

Casablanca
6. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

You will not be alone once in Marrakech you will be amazed by so many travellers to meet and enjoy the company of them, in jemaa el Fna Square and in the Cafe Glacier there is a beautiful view from the Top of the Cafe, as you can meet so many other travellers, and in your accommodation there will be other ones too you might be in company with.

so have Fun and enjoy Morocco.

Chester, UK
reviews: 53
7. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

Departing today, but just wanted to say that as a mid-thirties solo female, I've loved Marrakech and would love to come back. Walking with confidence, and a bit of travellers nous and school French will get you far.

8. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

Hi,

I leave for Marrakech on the 5th also for 11 days and will be going solo and staying in the Medina area, so happy to meet up for a tea. Will be my first trip to Morocco. Oh, I'm a guy and mid 30's.

Matt

London, England...
9. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

will be there on 20th march..sorry dude...

Casablanca
10. Re: any solo travelers there in March?

You might meet other travellers than the one you can in Tripadvisor website, as you can meet anyone there using Tripadvisor.

Have Fun.

Reply to: any solo travelers there in March?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted