We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location to stay in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
engalnd
reviews: 11
Best location to stay in Marrakech

Hi, I'm planning on spending 4 days in Marrakech at the end of April and would like to stay in a nice riad within the medina area. We want something pretty nice, in a safe area within easy walking distance of the market area etc. I've spent ages looking through all the reviews and have found several lovely riads, but i'm unsure of what area i should be looking at. We want to be able to go out at night, so somewhere near lots of nice restaurants would be good. I know you can't mention particular riads due to it being seen as advertising, but if someone could suggest the best area to be looking i would appreciate it.

Many thanks

Tunbridge Wells
reviews: 53
11. Re: Best location to stay in Marrakech

Hi, I agree with Management 23

The area is a 10min stroll into the main square, all along direct streets so you will not get lost down the thousands of alleys.

The area is also called the Mella.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
12. Re: Best location to stay in Marrakech

It is known locally as the Mellah (after the Arabic for salt) but is officially named Hay Essalam.

13. Re: Best location to stay in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 23, 2014