We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

Hi guys.

OK so i really want to go to Morocco for my Honeymoon i.e 17th August 2013 for 1 week.

Having done a bit of research I thought staying in marrakech for a few nights (3 or 4) to explore the city and get in with all the hustle and bustle and then my plan was to get on a bus to Agadir for a more relaxing sun soaking few days (the remaining 3 or 4).

Has anyone done this? Would you recommend this trip? Any do's and don't's?

Im trying to Kram 2 holidays (exploring and relaxing) into 7 days, is this do-able and more importantly enjoyable.

Many thanks

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

It is do-able and a good idea.

I have split a few holidays to Morocco, once Agadir-Marrakech, and a few times Marrakech-Essaouira. In my opinion Essaouira has more culture and it has more of a relaxed atmosphere than Agadir.

My recommendation would be 4 days Marrakech (with a daytrip into the Atlas Mountains), 3 days Agadir (or Essaouira).

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

I agree with MIB15 - Essaouira is far more romantic than Agadir, and a day trip to the High Atlas would provide contrast too (and cooler temperatures than Marrakech).

surrey
3. Re: Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

Great Thanks.

Although that leads me on to my next question. What airport would i fly home from if my final days are in Essaouria? Marrakech or Agadir?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 12
4. Re: Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

Fly home from Marrakech. It will take you approx 3 hours by Supratours bus from Essaouira to Marrakech including a break. I would suggest returning to Marrakech the night before your flight home and stay somewhere in Gueliz. Then you're in the best position for an easy taxi ride to the airport.

Enjoy :)

Casablanca
5. Re: Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

I would go to Essaouira instead of Agadir, Essaouira has a lovely atmospher, space to walk and enjoy the beach with no hassling, you can enjoy the medine trying to book some accommodation with a view on the ocean, as Riad Mimouna a lovely one for honeymoon trip, you could go to Sidi Kaouki too, for a short camel ride, Horse Riding or surfing by the beach, so much to do and see, in Marrakech too you will love the brilliant culture and the amazing medina.

Happy Travels.

cardiff
reviews: 5
6. Re: Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

Your trip sounds exactly what we are thinking of doing in May 2014 for our honeymoon. Please let me know what you decided to do, how easy arrangements were to make between the two centres etc. Hope you are having an amazing time! Thanks Hanna

7. Re: Honeymoon! Marrakech onto Agadir. Good move??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 21, 2014