We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain biking near Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunstable
reviews: 57
Mountain biking near Marrakech

In Marrakech at end of February hoping to do some Mountain biking in Atlas or mini Atlas subject to sufficient numbers to make up a cost effective tour party.

However, I need a plan B in case I don't get into the mountains and I am thinking of ride to Palmery (either on a tour or self guided).

Does anyone have any other suggestions, preferably off road?

I am a competent rider and looking for routes up to 50km - I will be on holiday after all and want to stop and enjoy the scenery too!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Mountain biking near Marrakech

Argan Xtreme Sports do bike hire and also guided tours within the palmerie and elsewhere.

Pity you won't be here for the Marrakech Atlas Etape on 28 April, see http://www.marrakech-atlas-etape.com/

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Mountain biking near Marrakech

Also have a look at Splash Morocco, they may be able to help you (if not, they will point you in the right direction). They have an office based in the UK so you may get a quicker response.

On your return, please let us know how you got on and where you ended up going............

Dunstable
reviews: 57
3. Re: Mountain biking near Marrakech

Thanks guys - ended up renting a mountain bike for a day to head off into La Palmerie and then around Marrakech itself.

La Palmerie was interesting seeing the little 'settlements' in the wilderness although the place is now dotted with posh hotels so the wilderness is shrinking. However, it was nice to get out of the city for some relative peace and quiet. In the afternoon I ventured around Marrakech, which was quite an experience on their roads jostling for space with lorries, taxis, mopeds, bikes and horses. Not recommended for an inexperienced or nervous cyclist but fortunately I am a fairly hardened cyclist.

Argan Xtreme were offering tours into Atlas mountains but at about £75 a go and timings were bit tight for my brief stay in Marrakech so it was not to be. There does not seem to be much just outside Marrakech otherwise to explore.

If you do wish to rent a bike from them they keep road bikes at the shop in the south and MTBs at La Palmerie. However, the guy let me use his MTB at the shop in the south and it was a very good machine - £20 for day hire.

Seem to be good guys at Argan, so thumbs up for them.

4. Re: Mountain biking near Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 05, 2014