We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco day tours

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 15
Morocco day tours

My husband and I will be in Morocco in October. We are wanting to book some day tours whilst in Marrakesh and Fez. Is it better to book them in advance via a travel agent, direct with a tour company such as Viator, or wait until we get to our destinations and book through the hotels? I have been told by a friend that it is better to wait until you get to your destination as it will be cheaper and sometimes the tour is better as you have booked locally?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 312
1. Re: Morocco day tours

personally, i would email your riad and ask them what they have to offer..best to use their services, i think..we had good luck with our riads and their help.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 15
2. Re: Morocco day tours

Great idea. Thank you.

Bratislava
3. Re: Morocco day tours

Hi in two days I am travelling to Marakkech. I wish to climb Djebel Toubkal. Is it possible to go solo to Imllil and there to find the accomodation and the guide for two days trip up?

Bratislava
4. Re: Morocco day tours

Hi in two days I am travelling to Marakkech. I wish to climb Djebel Toubkal. Is it possible to go solo to Imllil and there to find the accomodation and the guide for two days trip up?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
5. Re: Morocco day tours

Hi Lubomir O,

It is possible.

Bratislava
6. Re: Morocco day tours

Thanks

Agadir, Morocco
reviews: 1
7. Re: Morocco day tours

Most Riads and hotels are not "experts" regarding tours.

They simply hook up with the tour company that will provide them with the most comission on sales to their guests.

Most staff at Riads and Hotels which sell tours to guests are unpaid and rely upon the comission on tour sales for their income.

Buying a tour from your Riad does not guarantee a better price than booking through an agent or tour company.

Viator is not a tour company, they are an agent. They do not operate any tours.

They simply sell tours from companies who pay them comission for doing so.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
8. Re: Morocco day tours

Hi,

Sweeping statements from poster number 7 regarding comission. Personally I don't know any Riad owners who take comission for helping guests with tours and it would be a foolish owner indeed who used a company they weren't sure would provide a good, safe service for their guests wouldn't it?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 66
9. Re: Morocco day tours

If I decided me for to take some guide, I would do as Charley says, then I would take contact also with other tour company and compare then which answer I like best.

London
reviews: 7
10. Re: Morocco day tours

Hi,

Have a look at the Day Trip Guide companies on 'Things to do'. It's on the top righthand side of the screen.

I have used one of them who I could highly recommend should you wish.

Blue