We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have just booked and have a few questions!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
reviews: 21
We have just booked and have a few questions!

My fiancé and I have just booked for 1 week in the Riu Tikida Garden at the start of May and I have a couple of questions!

1)How much spending money would you recommend taking for 1 week? We are staying all inclusive but I would like to do a bit of shopping!

2)Is it likely that we will get any 'hassle' for sharing a room and not being married yet?

We are travelling with First Choice and they have not mentioned anywhere that unmarried couples can't share a room so I am assuming we will be okay! From what I have read it seems to be just that unmarried Moroccans cannot share a room. Is this correct?

Thanks so much!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

Hi,

Only you can decide how much spending money you need as it depends on what you want to do apart from enjoy the AI at the hotel. Shopping can be for very expensive items or just tourist souvenirs.

You've booked the room so won't have any "hassle" at all from the hotel staff.

Reading, United...
reviews: 21
2. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

Thanks for your reply.

I've been reading the post about money, would you advise that we take a small amount in local currency (1000dh maximum each, is that correct?) and the rest of our money in sterling to be changed when needed? (We would get it changed to English notes as I understand they don't accept Scottish tender)

Thanks again

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
3. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

Hi,

My multi authored post in the top questions box on the right of the page should answer any money questions.

I'd advise you to use your debit card in one of the many ATM's rather than bringing cash with you to change.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
4. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

Nikislynch - how much money do you have available to spend?

If you are both British you won't have any hassle sharing a room. The hotel are used to accommodating unmarried British couples.

Bring British sterling notes (not Scottish) and your bank card. You can exchange sterling for dirhams on arrival or use your bank card. The hotel has an ATM machine in reception.

norfolk
reviews: 30
5. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

let us be plain - it is not your nationality which is the issue, but your religion. the law does not allow unmarried couples, where one or both parties is muslim, to share a room. any muslim, not only moroccan.

pam

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
6. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

You may, just may, nikislynch, consider setting aside a little money for an authentic Moroccan dinner for one night, just to escape the smorgasbord monotony of hotel food. Have a look at the restaurants tab at the top left of your screen. Treat yourselves!

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
7. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

Agree with Pilobolus to escape at least one night from the monoton smörgåsbord of food at the hotel. It is really pity to have AL incl in Morocco there it is so good variety food and so nice to go out to theirs restaurant.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
8. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

I have to disagree with you Pam. I know that a number of British muslim unmarried couples have travelled to Marrakech with tour operators and shared the same hotel room without problem.

9. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:02 am, October 29, 2013
norfolk
reviews: 30
10. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

i did say 'the law' does not allow it. so far as i know, that has not changed. i do not regard it as part of the function of this site to advise on ways of circumventing the law. but maybe that is just me..

recently, many hotels and riads have posted that marriage certificates will be required from muslim couples wishing to share a room. and not only those riads in moroccan ownership.