We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Again.. Another posting about guides

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 11
Again.. Another posting about guides

Hi all..

Sorry for another post about marrakech guide, but I have search from previous post but none specifically answer my questions.

I am going to Marrakech next week with husband and two kids (9&3yrs).

I think I have over researched that the intinenary that I have is quite 'rushed' but I don't know which to scrap off..

(u can see my previous post)

Now thinking that having a private guide will be useful as we won't get lost and hopefully get to see the places we want to.

I have read about bad experience on guides, hasslers etc, and contacted my riad to recommend an English speaking guide.

My riad owner said I have to bargain for the price, he quoted maybe around 40euro.

I read previous thread that day guide rate is around 150-200dirham.

My question is should I bargain?

Will bargain makes it more susceptible to "shopping experience" than cultural ones?

How much to be fair to get good experience and not being pulled into their relatives shop so they earn extra cash?

Anyone with previous experience of having a personal guide, please share.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
1. Re: Again.. Another posting about guides

conflicting views about guide's rates stem from real and subliminal.

Official rate for half a day is 150 dh; a full day is 250

If you pay 400 dh and ask the guide to forget about shopping and focus instead on cultural visit, everyone will be happy

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Again.. Another posting about guides

Thanks truebeliever.

3. Re: Again.. Another posting about guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 10, 2014