We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech Weather

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hk
Marrakech Weather

I am looking to go away to Marrkech but not until August. has anyone been there during August ?? I know its hot that time of the year hence why its low season but how hot is it really - and is it humid ?

I am alos looking to stay at Villas Des Orangers. Any thoughts ?

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 21
1. Re: Marrakech Weather

Lots of information on this forum for weather. Look in Top Question box on the right, look at reviews on this site for accommodation and ask questions by a PM for more information from reviewers.

London, United...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Marrakech Weather

In August it can go over 50 C !!! .it is very , very hot , so if you want to many things during the day it's not advisable . IF you are looking to sit by pool etc then maybe it's ok . I Found in August you just want to sit inside with air con and most of the expats leave Morocco during this month .

Edited: 3:41 am, February 08, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
3. Re: Marrakech Weather

Weather varies, likely to be at least in the 30s, maybe the 40s, humidity thankfully low.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
4. Re: Marrakech Weather

No, not over 50ºC.

The record all-time high temperature for any weather station in Morocco was set in Marrakech on 17 July 2012 at 49.6ºC.

Anything over 36ºC is uncomfortable for most people, so you go out very early in the morning and back to the hotel pool/shade/sleep for the hottest time (2pm to 6pm), then out again in the evening.

Athens, Greece
5. Re: Marrakech Weather

Too hot in August, you will be in and out of shower, daytime activites sort of impossible.

6. Re: Marrakech Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:08 am, October 29, 2013
London, United...
7. Re: Marrakech Weather

Tim , I am not a liar . I have seen the temp recorded over 50 C with my own eyes . You maybe talking about official figures,I am talking about the temp shown on a barometer or on a street side sign . In your own words 49.6 is close enough to 50 I think . . Please with draw your remark .

Edited: 9:05 am, February 08, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
8. Re: Marrakech Weather

I'm not calling you a liar, just saying you're mistaken if you believe the temperatures displayed outside banks. The numpties stick the recorders in direct sunshine—I'm surprised you haven't seen them displaying 60+ºC LOL.

Prior to July 2012 the 'high' for Marrakech was 46ºC I believe. But the important thing is that anything even approaching 40ºC is impossible for most northern Europeans to handle.

More info: …lemag.ma/Morocco-hits-49-6-C-a-national-all…

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
9. Re: Marrakech Weather

Tim is completely correct.

"I am talking about the temp shown on a barometer". I thought that barometers measured air pressure?

10. Re: Marrakech Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:08 am, October 29, 2013