We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, United...
Currency

I am visiting Marrakech next week, is it a better rate of exchange to change sterling over here in the UK or make the exchange in Marrakech?

Also Is the airport the best place for exchange when I land in Marrakech?

1. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:09 am, October 29, 2013
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
2. Re: Currency

Please read my article on money matters, it may be useful as strictly speaking you should not buy MAD outside of Morocco, you just may get Dirhams from UAE instead which will be of no use:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293730-s601/Morocc…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
3. Re: Currency

It's illegal to bring in more than 1000dh (roughly £80). Please read the 'top questions section' on banks and money.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus
reviews: 107
4. Re: Currency

Thanks for these good replies, I too was going to ask the same Q as the original op. Can anyone advise where is best to change £ Sterling in resort ? I tend not use ATM's abroad due to extortionate fees by my bank.

We are staying at the Es Saadi Resort.

Thanks in advance

5. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:09 am, October 29, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
6. Re: Currency

Okay thanks but where will our nearest bank be ?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: Currency

You will be close to both Avenue Mohammed V and to the medina with plenty of banks in each. Your hotel will advise as to the nearest bank.

UK
Destination Expert
8. Re: Currency

Thanks...........we'll ask on check in............6 weeks and counting :)

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
9. Re: Currency

From Es Saadi walk to the right. At the traffic lights go to the left. You will see the bank just past the side road on the left.

London, United...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Currency

Hi we are due to travel to Marrakech - 2 adults and a child. how much dirhams should i carry? or should i carry euros? not happy to use atms that much.