We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Borlange, Sweden
reviews: 11
Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

My partner and I are looking into booking a desert excursion. We have had a quote for 550 euros per person for 2 nights with one night not luxury hotel and one night luxury camp in the desert (including sandbording and many other things), or 350 euros per person for same hotel and standard camp (including same visits/activities).

My question is, does anyone know if the desert camp upgrade is worth the extra 400 euros? It will be our honeymoon but the desert excursion will cost more than the other 9 days we have in Marrakech.

Any advice or tips are welcomed!

Casablanca
11. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

I totally agree with TimCullis. he is right try to make it more strech 4 days 3 nights much better, as you can have the following itinerary:

Day 1: Marrakech- Ait Ben-haddou-Dades Valley.

Day 2: Dades Gorges- Todra Gorges- Merzouga. Camel Ride and desert Overnight.

Day 3: Merzouga-Agdez-Ouarzazate.

Day 4: Ouarzazate-Marrakech.

if you take 3 days desert tour, you will have a very long drive on the 3rd Day at least 10 Hours driving from the Er Chebbi to Marrakech, arriving Marrakech by night and will so much tiring for you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
12. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

Yes, but they aren't going to Erg Chebbi, but Erg Chigga.

Casablanca
13. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

Ok same to the Erg Cheggaga too, making it in 4 days much better.

London, United...
reviews: 12
14. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

TimCullis any chance you could PM me the same info you have sent to

Jenniferocious?

Borlange, Sweden
reviews: 11
15. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

Thanks everyone.

Have taken your advice and extended the trip to 3 nights and got a great quote thanks to Tim's recommendation. 365 euros for 3 nights with the luxury camp upgrade! Much better!!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
16. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

That is an excellent price for a 3 night trip.......Please give us a full update when you return........

Singapore, Singapore
17. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

TimCullis any possibility of passing me the same info you have PM to Jenniferocious too?

Stuart, Florida
reviews: 18
18. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

If you have that extra money for a desert stay....I WILL come and sing you to sleep! haha

Don't confuse Luxury with a rip off...there is only so much luxury you need or could have in the desert. Maybe your Camel has a cashmere saddle?

Just like to point out that some of those luxury camps have a toilet that goes into the desert water. They are not responsible for the care of the environment for the village people who use that water straight from the desert well they dug by shovel. Consider the needs of the NOMAD people, their children, their livestock and don't support companies that pollute their natural water. They have very little/ to no protection from the government in regards to their natural resources. The government has a tax for the tourism business to use the desert but does nothing in most cases to protect the village PEOPLE

19. Re: Desert Camp: Luxury vs Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 23, 2014