We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather late February

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 48
Weather late February

Hi, I am visiting Marrakech in late February for 3 nights, I would be very grateful for advice on weather (for clothes packing) and a couple of 'must sees'. we are staying in a Riad in the medina, I think i have 'over read' things to do to the point I have completely lost the plot! Thank you for any advice x

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Weather late February

Hi,

Have a look at the weather information post in the top questions box on the right of the page for seasonal averages. Sadly no-one can tell you what it "will" be like this year.

Must sees depends on what you are interested in?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Weather late February

It is easy to be overwhelmed by the information here. For only three nights I would focus on sites in the southern medina - the Saadian tombs. palaces Bahia and Badi, the gold and silver souks and the Mellah (Jewish quarter). Lunch perhaps at the Kosybar? There are other good cafes and restaurants within the same area. Supper at one of the stalls on Djemma al Fna, the central square.

On another day take a walking tour of the northern medina. Visit the Medersa ben Youssef, the Museum of Marrakech and the Koubaa (one ticket covers entry into all three). Don't be tempted to a visit to the nearby tanneries unless you really want to! Again there are many cafes and restaurants: click on the Restaurant tab on the top left of your screen.

On the third day you could walk out to the new town, Guilez, for contrast. Visit the fixed price artisinal on Avenue Mohammed V, stroll around the cyberpark opposite and hail a petit taxi to the Majorelle gardens (you could walk if you're feeling energetic!)

Edited: 5:53 am, February 03, 2013
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Weather late February

I would take one daytrip into the Atlas Mountains, maybe go to see the waterfalls at Setti Fatima (in the Ourika Valley). This would be a short daytirp (9am-4pm), on your return to Marrakech (after having a short break at your riad), you could then spend the rest of the evening in the souks of Marrakech.

Edited: 6:16 am, February 03, 2013
Norwich, United...
4. Re: Weather late February

Thank you for the very helpful responses. Pilobolus2011 your itinerary sounds perfect. I have spent over 30 years travelling over Egypt, Marrakech is on my bucket list, so delighted to be going. Thanks again x

Norwich, United...
5. Re: Weather late February

Had a fantastic time. Weather was perfect to walk around the city all weekend. Followed Pilobolus 2011 ideas and these fitted the weekend perfectly, wonderful sites to see, incredible experience, an amazing time which I would highly recommend. Thanks x

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
6. Re: Weather late February

You are very welcome. It's always gratifying to know when I've provided a little help! Thank you for replying.

7. Re: Weather late February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 02, 2014