We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New destination

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham uk
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
New destination

Since 2003 we have travelled to Kerela in India for our winter break and have enjoyed the holidays we have had there..The cost of both airfares and hotels has escalated a great deal.The final staw for us is the visa cost that has just risen from £30 to £82.50..

Marrakech seems to be destination that we could enjoy.

We are a couple in our mid 50's that enjoy a mixture of tranquillity and vibrance with interesting places to visit..

Would love hear any suggestions and tips that you may have .We plan to go in early March.

Thanks Dave

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: New destination

Welcome to the Marrakech forum Dave. On the left hand side of your screen you will see a column simply called Marrakech. Clicking on any of the tabs will provide you with information, reviews, opinions and experiences of people who have been here. Possibly too much information! On the right side are other options under Top Questions about Marrakech. Well worth a look.

Edited: 6:39 am, February 02, 2013
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
959 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: New destination

If you are thinking of going for 7 nights, then split your holiday between Marrakech (5 nights) and Essaouira (2 nights), you will enjoy the contrast between the two places. Essaouira is on the coast (around a 2½ hour drive from Marrakech).

Also look into doing daytrips to the Atlas Mountains (either Setti Fatima or Imlil).

Let us know what type of things you enjoy and we will be able to advise you further.........

Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
9,146 posts
323 reviews
3. Re: New destination

mIb15 has a great idea...split the time. essauoira is a nice laid back seaside town..easier medina (we bought alot there!!), and nice sea food to eat. you can watch the fishermen come in with their wares...

Level Contributor
7,493 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: New destination

but don't expect the temperatures in winter to be anything like kerala! essaouira

is windy, and quite cold while marrakech can be pleasant in daylight, but turns very chilly after dark.

winter temperatures on the red sea might be better for you... or you can get bargains to the caribbean.

don't get me wrong - i loved marrakech, but it would not be a substitute for my winter destinations...

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
959 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: New destination

I think the weather will be perfect in early March........nowhere near as hot as India, but it will be pleasant enough.

Essouira is known as "the windy city", but having spent a total of 8 days there (over a few different trips), I have only found it to be windy on one day (and that was late in the evening......). The rest of the time it has been nice and sunny.......Maybe we have just been lucky.......

6. Re: New destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 05, 2014