We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech- Essaouira?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 18
Marrakech- Essaouira?

Hi there. We'll be in Marrakech soon (for a week) and would like to do a daytrip to Eassouira. Would you recommend doing that? Do you know how to organise it (is there a bus or similar?) and would you organise it from there? thanks a lot.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

Click on the link below for Supratours timetables Marrakech to Essaouira:

www.oncf.ma

This is an air conditioned coach service. Well worth a day trip out even if Essaouira can be a bit chilly at this time of year! Welcome to the Marrakech forum Lauren.

Essaouira, Morocco
reviews: 20
2. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

If you have the time, I think Essaouira merits more than just a day trip.... Or at least time your return journey so you catch the sun setting into the Atlantic Ocean.

The Supratours service is excellent. If you want more flexibility, your Marrakech hotel can organise a private taxi/car - it should be around 700-1000dh return.

The best thing about Essaouira is that the pace of life is so much s-l-o-w-e-r than Marrakech. I'd suggest coffee overlooking the beach: try Cafe de la Baie about halfway along the promenade. If you want something with a larger menu, sunbeds and music, try the cluster of cafes at the far end of the beach (where it gets dune-y), eg Beach & Friends (pretty trendy), Cafe Panoramique (a favourite with locals), Cafe Tamouziga (very chilled) or Ocean Vagabond (lovely shady garden and room for kids to run).

My blog has lots of further Essaouira info: www.maroc-o-phile.com/moroccan-musings

Have a great trip!

New York City, New...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

Thank you so much for your tips, guys! I'm actually torn between a trip to Essaouira or Casablanca. I don't think it's comparable, but which trip would you recommend doing? Maybe we could also squeeze in an overnight stay in Casablanca.. xx Lauren

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
4. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

Hi,

If it's a choice between the two I suspect most (not all ;-) would vote for Essaouira.

Boston...
5. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

Is there an English translation for this site? Thank you!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
6. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

If you mean the ONCF website then there is no need. All times are in the international 24 hour standard. There are only three countries in the world that have not adopted the metric standard. One is Liberia and another is Burma (Myanmar).

7. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:12 am, October 29, 2013
8. Re: Marrakech- Essaouira?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 05, 2014