We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

volunteer programs

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sintra, Portugal
reviews: 5
volunteer programs

hi,

does anyone know of a good volunteer program, in marrakech, that doesn t charge too mucho, because the websites i see on the internet charge quite a bit. i was thinking of going to marrakech december of this year to volunteer , mostly in women s empowerment,, and would also fix my own accomodation.

many thanks

sofia

10 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
1. Re: volunteer programs

The thread here

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

provides a "mixed bag" of experiences from TripAdvisor posters. Perhaps there is something new to explore?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 34
2. Re: volunteer programs

So you speak Berber and Darija?

Marrakech is a tourist city, why would you go there to volunteer?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
3. Re: volunteer programs

SOS Ait Ourir, ATFALOUNA for street children as well as orphanges - could do wih tutoring or teaching skills If you can arrange four r yown accommodation and board then the rest is easy to figure out

Many student associations are involved in charity work

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
4. Re: volunteer programs

The website for Atfalouna is

www.atfalouna-marrakech.com

Sintra, Portugal
5. Re: volunteer programs

hi timcullis

unfortunately i do not speack berber, but i can speack french and may teach english.

i was thinking more of women s rights, but am opened to working in orphanages.

many thanks

Sintra, Portugal
6. Re: volunteer programs

hi true believer and pilobolus

many thanks for suggested sites and voluntary organizations. have checked their websites and it seems very interesting and professional.

many thanks

sofia

7. Re: volunteer programs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:38 am, January 27, 2013

Edinburgh
reviews: 11
8. Re: volunteer programs

Sofia

Your intention and desire to do voluntary is very admirable.

I hope you find an organisation that wlll welcome your skills and allow you to help others.

. Regards and good wishes

Mick

Sintra, Portugal
9. Re: volunteer programs

Thank you cleryjungle...I believe that before december i ll find a good organization to help...i feel strongly about women s rights, specially in a country where women have less rights there than here in Portugal!

cheers

sofia

faversham
10. Re: volunteer programs

you will need to speak arabic - are you learning it? french is a second language ( 3rd or 4th for berbers) and english is a third or 4th language

Reply to: volunteer programs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted