We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le merdien Nifis

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Le merdien Nifis

I have recently booked a two week stay at the Le Merdien Hotel in Marrakesh for the last two weeks in September. After reading the reviews I am now worried is this hotel really that bad. We were looking for a five star hotel with pool and other other amenities.

Also it may be ramadan when we go will this affect our holiday in any way?

What is considered appropriate for women to wear in marrakesh so I know what to pack?

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 7
1. Re: Le merdien Nifis

I dont think the Meridien Nfis is that bad. the last time I was there the hotel had been renovated. the pool is really splendid and the hotel has a beautiful garden and is located on a quiet boulevard. Because of Ramadan the rhythm of life changes in Marrakech. So most cafes and small shops close until late in the morning. even the souks and the medina are not really busy until the afternoon. As for clothes I think you need to wear decent clothes, not necessarily ankle length blouses. What you should, however, avoid, If you don't want to offend the locals, is somke or drink in public. Otherwise Marakech is interesting in the evenings, as people go out after they break the fast.

need more help feel free to ask

cheers

2. Re: Le merdien Nifis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 pm, May 23, 2006
Edinburgh
3. Re: Le merdien Nifis

Thanks for the info are the bars and restaurants still open for tourists during ramadan? Also do women need to be completely covered or can you get away with knee lenght shorts and skirts - just thinking about the hot weather!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 7
4. Re: Le merdien Nifis

yes bars and restaurants will be open Skirts are just fine

Morocco
5. Re: Le merdien Nifis

Hi

A few bars are open during Ramadan but only a few . You may have to go in the bigger hotels

Regarding clothes

Nothing to revealing normal european dress jeans not a problem.No minis ?

You will have a good time

rgds

fox