We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 30
Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

Girls trip in March. Convenient location(( think that means the medina), we should be able to walk to most of what we want to see.

Good hammam and spa.

Roof top terrace if possible, or other good outdoor space on the off chance it is warm.

Under $250 per night with breakfast.

Any suggestions appreciated.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

Under $250/night (chokes on coffee) !! Well that sort of budget opens up almost every riad in Marrakech.

Have you checked out the accommodation options shown under 'Marrakech Hotels' link? If you click on the tick box for the most expensive grouping you'll reduce the list to 91. Tick on 'speciality' and the list is reduced to 32. Not too many to scroll through.

You can also use the search box to find, for example, 'riad spa' in past forum threads which you can sort in date order to have the most recent shown first.

Edited: 10:40 am, January 16, 2013
Leeds, United...
reviews: 47
2. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

L'etoile d'oriente it is almost in the souks has a spa and fantastic hot tub on roof. We are there at the moment most excellent. Only negative is French (with some English ) speaking but I think that's the case in most raids. Not sure on price range check it out ? But sure it's less than you want to spend. Enjoy

Thornton Cleveleys...
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 22
3. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

I'm afraid that the only way to choose a hotel/riad that you will enjoy is to do the research yourself - recommendations are great but one man's meat is another man's poison. I'll give you the "patented LaLico advice" on choosing a riad ;-)

Things to consider:

- What kind of riad would you prefer, small or large (ie 3 rooms or 15 rooms)?

- do you want a small bedroom or a suite with sitting area

-what kind of bathroom you like - traditional tadelakt or Western tiling etc

-size of bed

- whether you want a ground floor room or one on a higher floor (courtyard rooms have the potential to be noisy)

- if you have mobility issues, find out about steps/stairs and split level accommodation

-whether you want a pool/dipping pool/jacuzzi etc

-whether you want an in-house hammam

-what kind of decor you like (bright and Berber or sleek, monochrome minimalism etc)

-whether you have a preference of location within the medina

- do rooms have AC and minifridges to store drinks?

-whether WiFi is in all rooms or just in the main lounge/courtyard

-whether alcohol is served in the riad or, if not, if you can bring your own in

- whether there is satellite TV and whether it is in rooms or in a lounge

-what kind of breakfast is served and whether the riad can provide other meals if neccessary

-does the riad offer transfers to/from airport and will they meet you at dropping point?

- if you don't speak French or Moroccan, check that there is a permanent staff member in the riad who will be able to communicate with you in English

I know that there are thousands of riads to search through and it is time consuming but look at it in a positive way - it will teach you a little of the patience needed to enjoy Marrakech!

Edited: 12:16 pm, January 16, 2013
Blackburn
reviews: 43
4. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

We (5 girls) stayed at the Road Safa in the Medina last year. That was the 2nd time I had stayed there having first gone with my mum only. Its owned by a lovely french couple and has a rooftop area with plunge pool if its warm enough - they even filled it for us in anticipation of nice weather on our trip :-)

I think there are about 6 or 7 rooms in total and its about a 5 minute walk from the souks.

Buckhorn, Canada
reviews: 31
5. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

We were just there and stayed at Riad Argan. Fabulous 5 rooms and great service from a French couple (who speak excellent English) and provide superior service. 5 minutes from the Medina, souks and everything else in the old city. They don't have a Hamam but there are plenty in the area that they could recommend. We sunned on the rooftop terrace in January!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
6. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

Hi,

You are really asking an impossible question. Most people who reply with a recommendation will only have stayed at that one Riad so, if they liked it, it will be "the best". Their requirements and expectations won't be the same as yours.

As previously advised, have a look in the hotels tab on the left of the page, set parameters to narrow things down and once you have selected a few Riads send a message to some reviewers of each place with specific questions to confirm your choice.

Of course writing to the Riad owners to ask about facilities on offer is also a sensible thing to do before you make a reservation.

Blackburn
reviews: 43
7. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

I never actually said it was 'the best' only that I had stayed there and liked it. Obviously everybody has their own opinions and should make their own choices......

Bit frosty in here is it not........

London
reviews: 9
8. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

we are staying at Riyad El Cadi - recommended highly by a friend with good taste

Also liked the look of Riad Camilia

Both good reviews on here

Marrakech, Morocco
9. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

Hi there!It is a difficult thing to find a precise answer to your question since tastes differ for one person to another! Even if finding the perfect place to stay in Marrakech is a time-consuming process you should try to take a look at the riads offers and find the riad that meets your expectations (pool, roof top terrace etc)!Once you have decided upon a place to stay you may ask for further information from the staff of that particular riad in order to make sure it is the right thing to do!!! Good luck with your research!

melbourne, vic
reviews: 4
10. Re: Overwhelmed- need help with a riad

Hi I have just returned from Marrakech and spent two weeks there on business. I stayed at Riad Al Mamoune which was situated just behind the spice souq. In a great postion, you can return easily for time out from the hustle and bustle of Marra. Excellent service from everyone and very accomodating with any questions, problems and advice that was thrown their way. They do airport/ train pick-up which if it is your first time is a necessity. They can arrange tours as was done for friends who were their also.

The riad is stylishly renovated in classic Moroccan decor, there is a local hammam 1 minute from the riad,

rooftop garden, in-door spa and spacious rooms. Probably good to make a booking soon at any good riad as they seem to fill up quickly due to most only having four - five bedrooms maximum. Where-ever you book make sure they give you a key, my friend was at another riad and we spent a number of nights waiting on the street and ringing around for the young guy to return to let her in. Not much fun for her or us. The manager at our riad helped locate him one night and told him off.

Good luck, Marra is magic.